help with gmail + google voice please

stevens_5

Reaction score
i installed the google voice app on my phone so i obviosly have it linked with my gmail account n my computer as well.

i rarely use google voice, only got it first to screw with a friend and now i never use it but i am still confused about whether it is accessible to other people. i have told NO ONE about my google voice number, i only tested it out with another phone in order to see certain settings i set. and these are my questions:

1. if i leave the box blank (unchecked) for "Forwards to Mobile" on my GV Gmail settings page, then each time someone calls my GV number, it will ring like normal then go to voicemail etc... right? like if someone dials my gv number, it wont go to my phone anymore with verizon, it will just go to my GV account and i will only be able to access the information (missed/received/dialed calls, texts, etc..) from my GV number ONLY on my computer?

2. if i uninstall the GV app from my phone, and leave it on my computer but i am NOT at my computer (or it is closed) and lets say someone dials my number, then will it only dial that number and i can check voice.google.com later on and see if i have any new missed calls or voicemails?

3. like i said, i kind of use it to mess with some friends sometimes but that stage has since been long gone, and i guess i cant delete Voice from my Gmail account, but if i have Contacts on my Gmail chat page lets say Blake for example, and Blake clicks on my name in the chat panel on te right side on Gmail, will he be able to see my GV number in anyway, unless he has manually added it himself? since Voice is linked with Gmail, im just confused if it is shared like that publicly.

4. LASTLY, with the new "Call Phone" feature on Gmail, if i wanted to make a call to Home from this feature, it rings straight through my speakers on my computer and i can talk through my mic...etc.. but does it show up on my Home callerID as my GV number or my Actual Cell number with verizon? (idk how Gmail would know what my cell number is...) which brings me to this question: is that Call Phone feature on Gmail only available to people with GV??

***ask me to clarify anything on my questions and i will elaborate more clearly, hopefully you guys understand my questions***

thanks for the help!

Dragoro

Reaction score
1) Correct
2) Correct
3) Not sure
4) I assume your GV number, unsure bout the rest.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I would guess that he cant see your gv number unless you give it to him.