Help with Girlfriends Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PhamilySedan, Jul 25, 2010.

1. PhamilySedan

PhamilySedan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone! I am new to the forums here and i'm going to need your help. Looks like everybody is cool here, and the forum looks great. I am pretty sure this thread is posted in the right fourm, but if not feel free to move it to where ever it belongs.

First of all, my name is David. I have a Motorola Droid that I got from my brother a few days ago. I love it. He has modded it in someways and I need your guys' help to figure out what is done to it. I love the speed/format of my phone compared to a stock Droid.

My girlfriend loves my phone SO much that she even got her own Droid. I noticed that it is different than mine. Here's my question. Can you guys help me figure out what is done to mine, and guide me to modify my girlfriends phone the same way?

Here's some info I found on my phone that might be useful in finding what's done to my phone.

(found under "about phone" in the Settings Menu near the bottom)

Android Version

Baseband Version
    -C_01.3E.01P

Kernel Version
    -3.6.32-medV-1.2Ghz
    chevyno1@ubuntu #4

Build Number
    -Bugless Beast V0.4

There is some info that I think might be helpful. Let me know if you need anything else and i'll find it for you. If you know what I need let me know!!

Thanks!

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    all i needed :)

first, you need to root to install all that stuff - go here

How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

then to install the rom (which is Bugless Beast 0.4 - hence the BB)go here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...t-v0-4-android-2-2-frf84b-fully-deodexed.html

Thennnn to overclock you need to install this kernel (assuming u want the same one)

Index of /froyo/4.3/kernels

and click and download the 1.2GHz medium voltage

hope that helps :)

3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    i posted in the other thread :) any other questions just ask

4. PhamilySedan

PhamilySedan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AWESOME. I got the rooting done, but how do I install the Bugless Beast? Where do I put it? I was awesome how there were videos, but i'm guessing there arent any for bugless beast. Step by step instructions work too. Thanks for the help! She sure is going to be happy when she wakes up!!

5. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just like you would the froyo one you just did. Download BBv.4 via the link above. Rename it to update.zip and put it on root(e:/) of your sd card. Reboot into sprecovery by turning on while holding x. Wipe cache/data twice or thrice and install it the same.

6. PhamilySedan

PhamilySedan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see. Do I need to delete the froyo (the first untitled.zip) file first? Also, for the Kernel do I need to do the same thing as well?

#6 PhamilySedan, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  7. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    You would install bb first. This "rom" will replace the current os. Think of it like applying an image, or ghosting, a computer. Nothing to uninstall, just install the next rom.

After that you would do the same with the kernel. That rom/image/what have you will only replace the kernel part. The update.zip files can be set to replace everything, or just a tiny part of what is currently on the phone.

Sounds like you are doing great!

Also...back up what you have. Use SPRecovery to do an advanced nandroid backup and name the file something like stock2.2_20090726. Then once you get Bugless installed make another one and call it bb_version#_date.

That way if the kernel doesn't like your phone or something doesn't go as planned you can just do a restore and back-step a bit.

Good luck!

8. PhamilySedan

PhamilySedan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got everything I need guys/gals! Thanks for your help everybody! This is an awesome forum to be on :D

9. Android Maniac

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it a regular Droid?! If so, how are you running OS 2.2 already, since it hasn't been released for Motorola Droids? Or if you root the phone can you run 2.2?

It sounds as though your brother's phone has been rooted to me but I don't know much about it. IF that is the case there is an abundance of information on the web in the form of text and videos describing how to root your phone. And if the phones look different it could be an original Droid and Droid X, unless you have some other Droid variation?

10. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I merged the two threads for you.

11. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Saw that.... why I deleted my post :)

ooops :icon_eek:

12. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes if you root you can run 2.2 some of the custom roms out there are built of leaked froyo (android 2.2) OS its not the offical update but does have most of the feature like flash support :) and you can put custom themes on them as well

Search tags for this page

how to hack girlfriends droid 4