Help with GD 496

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Avrahas, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Avrahas

Avrahas New Member

first I need help finding the right place to download both parts 1 and 2 and is it ok to do it with liberty tool box instead of d2 bootleg and is it ok to download the free version or what should I do I'm running on froyo stock right now
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Go to mydroidworld.com and look for the ".596 Gingerbread for everyone" post. You download the patched update method, it's two zips that you install one after the other. It tells you how to do it there. You have to be on stock 2.2.1 Froyo, then root it woth Z4Root. Install the Droid 2 bootstrap, and go into clockwork recovery and install the two zips, first one first, them the second one second. You'll have rooted 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
  3. Avrahas

Avrahas New Member

I'm rooted but not with z4 I forget through where but it was done connected to apc is that stil ok
  4. leonozug

leonozug New Member

As long as you are rooted it should be ok. Just make sure you use the Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery, and know how to SBF your phone back to stock if you mess it up.
  5. Avrahas

Avrahas New Member

Is liberty gb bootstrap ok I can't but the d2
  6. leonozug

leonozug New Member

I honestly never heard of Liberty GB Bootstrap, but I assume it's just like the D2 bootstrap, cause that's the one you use for installing any Gingerbread Rom. I take it you used to be on Liberty Gingerbread and SBF'd back to stock? Or are you wanting to do this to get on Liberty Gingerbread?
  7. Avrahas

Avrahas New Member

well I figured I'm on froyo because I just got the dx 3 months ago and I was told I'm most likely on that so anyways I'm rooted now and wanted to instal a new rom that I would be happy with and verizon keeps trying to instal their update but I keep denying it. So I'm I'm just trying to figure out my best option so I could really use some help
  8. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Well, the way you are now on Froyo, you could install CyanogenMod 7, or install the two part zips and go to Liberty Gingerbread after that. I hear Liberty is pretty cool. CM7 is awesome but still in beta. If you install the two-part patched method zips, you should be fine.