help with files

smiles

Reaction score
i need step by step help with tranferring files to and from my phone and computer. i have read posts here but dont seem to follow. i know nothing so speak in terms i will understand. i dont know what an sd card is or how to mount it. or maybee someone could point me in the right direction

cbushnell

Reaction score
Hello smiles... Your sd card is a removable memory card similar to what you find in a digital camara. Use your cable to connect to your computer. The notification bar (which is the bar at the top of your phone where the time, power signal etc. is located) is accessed by pressing on it and pulling down. You will see an option to "mount" your card. This enables the computer to see your phone like a memory stick. You will then be able to transfer files easily between the phone and computer just as you would using a memory stick. Just be sure when you're done to unmount the phone when you are finished with your file transfers as to not corrupt the card. Hope this helps...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is ut exactly thw same on the eris as it is with our droids? cause they both have eris'...i wouldnt know what to tell them because im not familiar with sense UI at all...

Cody302

Reaction score
Houston,Texas (greatest country on earth)
Uuuuh, Was that to me n-diddy?? `Cause I know somewhere between diddley and squat, when it comes to all this stuff.Mine was a gift,I would never have purchased this much phone. I've come from a Raz-R to this,that's no small leap.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uuuuh, Was that to me n-diddy?? `Cause I know somewhere between diddley and squat, when it comes to all this stuff.Mine was a gift,I would never have purchased this much phone. I've come from a Raz-R to this,that's no small leap.

What are talking about? I have a Motorola Droid, you guys have HTC Droid Eris'...I was saying that I know nothing about Eris' or the Sense UI that comes on them, so therefore I wouldn't be comfortable giving advice about them...since I've never used one...I was talking to the other member on this thread that has a Motorola Droid that was giving the advice...

Cody302

Reaction score
Houston,Texas (greatest country on earth)
What I was talking about? This ain't the Motorola section of the forum,It's the HTC Eris section of the forum,check the navigation header. Mr.Bushnell does have a Moto,but appearantly he also knows how to use an HTC Eris. Mr.Bushnell did not reference anything about a Moto, nor did he say...."Hey, if there's anybody out ther that has a Motorola Droid,that doesn't know jack crap about Eris', please chime in and only post that you don't know jack crap about how to work an Eris.". So that's why I got completely confused as to what or to whom you were talking to. You see, I'm not very smart,practicaly retarded:wacko:, sooooooo in the future it would really,really help me if you could also use ooooo.....say................spell check???? O.K., that last comment was un-neccessary,I'm sorry.

well!..........I'm sure I should be doing something productive...................................................................................

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I was talking about? This ain't the Motorola section of the forum,It's the HTC Eris section of the forum,check the navigation header. Mr.Bushnell does have a Moto,but appearantly he also knows how to use an HTC Eris. Mr.Bushnell did not reference anything about a Moto, nor did he say...."Hey, if there's anybody out ther that has a Motorola Droid,that doesn't know jack crap about Eris', please chime in and only post that you don't know jack crap about how to work an Eris.". So that's why I got completely confused as to what or to whom you were talking to. You see, I'm not very smart,practicaly retarded:wacko:, sooooooo in the future it would really,really help me if you could also use ooooo.....say................spell check???? O.K., that last comment was un-neccessary,I'm sorry.

well!..........I'm sure I should be doing something productive...................................................................................

I'd really like to know what the problem is here? Im confused...and my question was in the right header, I asked if it was the same on an Eris as it is a Droid, I was just curious...no one had an attitude until you...so why not keep to yourself unless you have something nice or beneficial to say? Come on Mr. Cody, its alright....lets not have a hissy fit over an internet forum...