Help with Exchange e-mail

ilikefishes

Reaction score
I purchased my Droid in mid December and easily set up the e-mail account for the exchange server. The iphone was a pain in the arse to set up for the same account. So I am thinking how great everything is. I get the phone working for me and performing at peak capacity and then about two weeks ago it all goes wrong. I woke up and the phone was working great as I prepared for a day of hard labor. I am driving to work and the phone won't let me touch any of the e-mails. What I mean by touch is it notifies me of new mail, I see new mail, but when I go to touch it it force closes. I took it to Verizon and of course they just hard reset it. I then spent the next day or so re-organizing my phone and today I wake up and it is doing it again.
Verizon is sending me a "NEW" phone that has been rebuilt. Don't necessarily care about that as much as I am concerned that this will be an ongoing problem, which will mean I won't be using the Droid. This makes me very sad. Anybody else experience anything similar to my problems? Thanks for your responses. Have a great day.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if thats a problem on everyones phone, but, I thought, that in order to use Exchange services you needed a specific plan for it....like an Enterprise plan that is like 10 or 15 dollars higher than the standard plan?? I'm for sure but I thought I seen that somewhere...

Uncle700

Reaction score
How large is your inbox in Exchange? If you have a large number of new un-read e-mails this may be causing your problem. My Boss and I both have Droids and I have no problem but I keep my e-mails read and do not have the volume that he has. He has about 10,000 e-mails in his in-box and would have your problem. He would get notification but could not read. Verizon did a hard reset and he re-built. Have not talked with lately to see if still having problems.

OP
ilikefishes

ilikefishes

Reaction score
How large is your inbox in Exchange? If you have a large number of new un-read e-mails this may be causing your problem. My Boss and I both have Droids and I have no problem but I keep my e-mails read and do not have the volume that he has. He has about 10,000 e-mails in his in-box and would have your problem. He would get notification but could not read. Verizon did a hard reset and he re-built. Have not talked with lately to see if still having problems.
It is definitely not the in box size. When I went to Verizon in the first place, they said that might be it too. So, I went over and loaded the e-mail on one of their display Droid units. It worked perfectly, thus making them conclude the only thing left to do is to hard reset it. So now I have a refurb coming and hopefully it is just this specific Droid and not a problem all exchange e-mails are having.

strobez395

Reaction score
Worked for me...Obviously you don't work where I do. But try

Use IMAP

for the incoming use:
imap.exchangelabs.com
and use SSL (accept all certificates)

for the outgoing use
stmp.exchangelabs.com
and use the tls security

Of course entering all of your correct information in the process. It took me a while to figure out how to make it work for mine..

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
Get Touchdown, its an app. The native email program sucks!! Doesn't update subfolders... Touchdown is great! I use exchange. Do a search through old threads!!

John.Edwards

Reaction score
This has been happening to me since November - I was convinced the issue would be resolved with 2.0.1 and fell for it.

I am at the point I am about to eat the cost of getting a different phone. Or just activating a blackberry I have laying around and smashing this POS Android to get some satisfaction.

This problem continues to be ignored by google, and this has already cost me.

I have had my phone replaced - but the issue occurs on the replacement phone as well. I am not rooting, I don't have 80 applications installed - I am paying for the additional enterprise data plan.

A smart phone should be able to handle storing an email configuration.

My last hope is this will get resolved with the 2.1 update coming this week - but I have my doubts. I feel like I get screwed each time it happens - any way I look at it this is going to end up costing me $500 + to get out of this, and I will never, never use a google product again.

Last edited:

jpolidore

Reaction score
John, as said in post number 6 get Touchdown 2.0 its an app in the store, its $20. I tell everyone to do the 5 day trial, its free. I am willing to guess you will pony up the $20 by the end of day 2. This app on this phone smokes my blackberry like it was roach in lil johns glove box. Try it, no root needed.

danwanna

Reaction score
I am a satisfied Touchdown user for the last couple months as well. I never tried the built in Exchange because of my company's email policies so I can't compare, but Touchdown feels a lot like running Outlook on the phone. All of you work related stuff is in one place.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Ok, how do I set up auto-sync with my outlook contacts. I know I can copy all contacts to the phone, but touchdown does not seem to automatically sync changes.

Also, All of my facebook contacts seem to have been deleted from my phone contact list after attempting to sync from touchdown.

Also, Touchdown has already force closed - after 2 minutes of running. Is this just the fact of exchange email on the DROID?

Last edited:

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Ok - Touchdown is just not the solution for me - it completely mucked up my contacts. I went through Nitrodesks troubleshooting fix 2x with no luck. I am done.

thanks for the attempt.

funny thing - I just received a call from Google trying to sell me Postini mail for my enterprise. I immediately said "not interested". I can't even imagine how crappy their support would be for enterprise products if they can't even figure out email on a phone.

Last edited:

Burtonbell

Reaction score
I have my exchange email setup and it has been working the past week but now for some reason when I go to open my email (in any folder) an error pops up:

"The application Email (process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

And the only button is Force close but after I hit it and go back into my email it still pops up. I can't send email either.

Anyone else having this problem?