1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with email sync

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by mfranker, Mar 14, 2010.

1. mfranker

mfranker New Member

Hi I'm also new the moto droid and am loving all the neat features. One problem that is annoying me though is I have it synced with my comcast email account. I do not remove emails from the server, as I also want them to download on my pc. I have my comcast account set to remove them after 30 days. But now every time my droid does a sync, it tells me I have a new email, when it fact it was already downloaded to the droid in previous syncs. So basically I'm contantly getting email notifications. I have now changed the setting to silent for email notification - but that defeats the purpose. I would like to be notified - but only when I truly have a new email. Any suggestions?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I think you may have something set up incorrectly in your forwarding and pop settings on your gmail on line. Go over there and review those settings, there is a link for configuration instructions. Make sure you have it set up properly to avoid the multiple notifications.
  3. OyVOid

OyVOid New Member

4. mfranker

mfranker New Member

Thanks for the input. Actually, this is not my gmail account. It is my comcast account. Gmail seems to sync correctly, but I don't want to use gmail for two reasons. 1. my emails arrive quicker when I go directly through comast since gmail has to wait to sync with comcast before it syncs to my phone. But 2. (and most important) despite the setting which is checked in gmail that says to send the messages from my comcast account, when my recipients receive my emails the address is showing it coming from my gmail account. I really don't want anyone using my gmail account. I only want to check one email and that is my comcast account. That is how all my pcs are set up and that is how I wanted my phone set up. However, there is definately seems to be a bug with the sync between comcast and the email app on the phone. Not sure if the exchange server settings have that same problem or not as I'm not syncing with a corporate account.
  5. mfranker

mfranker New Member

Once again - thanks for the info -- I think I am going to turn my gmail sync back on - just so I can get the notifications. And I'll turn off notifications from my direct comcast account. I guess it would be better to get notifications a little late as opposed to be getting constant notifications for emails I have already viewed.
Search tags for this page

comcast email sync to droid phone

comcast.net email android sync old mail
droid sync contacts with comcast
e-mail synced purpose
how do i get my comcast email contacts to my android tablet
how do i sync my comcast.contacts with samsung galaxy 4
how do i sync my droid with my comcast email?
how to sync comcast contacts and calendar email andriod
how to sync comcast e-mail with droid
motorola bravo sync email to comcast

sync comcast contacts to android

sync comcast contacts with android

sync comcast email contacts with droid

sync comcast email with droid

unable to sync comcast email account on droid charge