Help With Droid Eris

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shulawitze, Apr 18, 2011.

1. shulawitze

shulawitze New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HTC Droid Eris that i recently Rooted using the kaosgingerbread 2.3 v6. However i get all the way to the Android screen after the three droids on skate boards but it never actuall pulls up. The screen doesnt freeze but as the shine moves across the android name, it pauses then the screen goes blank and then it pops back up and repeats, and i can seem to go back to my old software because its version 2.3 and a higher version. PLEASE HELP!!! MY DAD BOUGHT ME THIS PHONE!!!
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    So I'm guessing you can still boot into recovery right? Please tell me you made a nandbackup!?! If you can still boot into recovery and DID make a nand backup, then boot back into recovery and restore your nand backup. If you can boot into recovery and you DID NOT make a nand backup, then first of all you need a serious talking to lol. Anyway, if you CAN boot into Amon-RA recovery (vol down+end), then you should flash a different ROM. Kaos' GB ROM is not stable at all. So if you're still able to flash anything, reboot into recovery and flash either one of these ROMs:
    Ginger Tazz 19 s.r.e /4.11.11/ CM 7.0 - xda-developers
    [ROM][4/11/2011] GSB v2.8 | GingerBread 2.3.3 [CM7.0.0 NIGHTLY] - xda-developers

If I was you, I would go with the second choice because it is a little more stable in my opinion. You can also flash the GB ROM that I made which is in my signature below, it's very very stable as well. Or you can flash the froyo ROM, both are extremely stable. If you CAN'T reboot into recovery then reply here or send me a PM or something, as soon as you can. Just remember before you flash any ROM to wipe the data and the dalvik cache. I would suggest doing it more than once. Hope some of this helps you out, if not, don't hesitate to let me know what you need and be as DETAILED AS POSSIBLE.