help with droid 2 on 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by onicas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. onicas

onicas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all. i recently rooted my droid 2 and installed the 2.3.3 system but i am having some issues.

1. has anyone else noticed it draining the battery really bad? my phone went from full charge to OFF within 6 hours last night, and now its about half dead from not much use since this morning. it usually lasted 3-4 on 2.2.

2. i cannot seem to root this thing to reflash clockwork. iv tried gingerbreak (error: data in wrong place /null), z4root (force closes when trying to gain root shell access), doroot, manual adb method (doroot and adb both lock up when trying to shell the second time, when it is looking for the device to reconnect) and terminal emulator (read only errors).
    so can somehelp me root this, or at the least, manually flash clockwork so i can backup and try some custom roms?

3. swype does not work. i tried running the beta installer but it wont let me install the stock one. i try to swype a word and the keyboard flashes and does not enter the word.

thanks everyone.

2. pressguy27

pressguy27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There were two different leaked gb rom that came from tbh. One was a prerooted verison and the other was a standard one that could not be rooted. I think u might have flash the one that can't be rooted

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7

3. onicas

onicas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the prerooted one during my root research. Can I just install the prerooted over this one and not whipe the data?

Either way, I need a way to manually flash cwm.

Any ideas on the other issues?

Thanks

4. pressguy27

pressguy27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You probably could install the prerooted rom on top of the other. I can't think of way to manually install cwr, maybe using adb and push the file on to the phone or you might have to sbf back to stock and start the process over

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7

5. onicas

onicas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there any way to backup/restore without cwm mod? anyone have any ideas on how i can manually do this? when i hold X on boot i get the droid with exclamation mark, but when i hit search nothing happens. even the stock bootloader is gone.

any help?

thanks again

6. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download the stock 2.3.20 sbf file and flash it so you're back to stock, root, install CWR via D2 Bootstrap then flash the rooted GB leak. From there you can flash an array of GB based ROMs. That's gonna be the best way without messin up your phone.

Why wouldn't you want to make a backup thru CWR?

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

7. onicas

onicas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so basically i have to start over. my main issue now is how do i get my recovery menu back? even the stock 3e menu doesnt show up when i hit the search button.

once i get that back, i get the sbf, rename it to update.zip, and run it through the stock recovery menu after wiping data correct?

thanks for everyones help.

8. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should get the stock recovery back once you sbf to froyo. Then you can install CWR from bootstrap or rom manager. Do you have rsdlite and d2 sbf file?

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

9. mjs1015

mjs1015 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To get to stock recovery on gingerbread you have to press the volume buttons (both at the same time) once once you see the exclamation point.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

10. onicas

onicas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, so from there, i can name the 2.3.2 sbf to update.zip and run it after clearing data. then run the prerooted update from recovery? then flash cwm and i can switch between GB and my backup of froyo.

11. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't rename the sbf file. You need a computer with rsdlite and moto drivers to flash an sbf file.

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

12. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1

There are lots of tuts on how to do this. Its very easy, just make sure you got a full charge first...

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)