Help with desc.txt for boot animation.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Without me actually having all your images and files to test... I can't say exactly what will work for you... I've created several animations and only use jpgs.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Will look at it later... my computer is being used for another task. I'm on my X at the moment.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question about .jpeg and .png. If you save the the image as png do you select interlace or none?

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I have a question about .jpeg and .png. If you save the the image as png do you select interlace or none?

Sounds like a question for another thread..... LOL.... I usually select interlace.

OP
D

Dark_Forge99

Reaction score
ALRIGHT GUYS, I was able to hone in on where the problem lies.

So when I take the original bootanimation I downloaded from megaupload and put it in /data/local, it works just fine. But when I take that .zip file, unzip it, THEN RE-ZIP it again (regardless of compression or "store"), it does not work.

In short, something goes wrong when I right-click the bootanimation folder, click on "Add to archive" and select ZIP instead of RAR.

So let me ask you guys this: How do you zip your folder? With what program? I want it all told step-by-step so I don't miss anything.

OP
D

Dark_Forge99

Reaction score
Last edited:

ArmyDude

Reaction score
What I do is.... Highlight the files / folders... Go directly into the folder that has desc.txt and part0 and part1. Highlight all 3 items.... right click and go to 7zip.... click add to archive... when it opens up... select zip and store.... and name it what you want. Then do the copy to your phone like you usually do... I have mine fully zipped in the system/media directory.

Here's a link to yours fully working 480 X 854.

You're welcome. :)

MegaUpload 480X854

djakrse

Reaction score

I usually do not interlace. One of the relics of the internet is interlaced gifs... the ones that load like every other line first and then fill in eventually. ugh ;)

Okay, my first attempt at this animation works somewhat on my D1. I converted to jpg and saved only every other frame in part1. I left it at 30 fps and as most do it plays very slow and laggy through the first part (before drivers load properly?)... once it gets to part1, it has a couple of lags, but plays very fast and smooth for the most part.

Unfortunately, it loops not only part1, but replays the entire animation after looping part1 at least a few times. After looping part1 a couple of times the 2nd time around, I get a lock screen. The whole of it lasted probably 30-40 seconds.

Total frames down to 116. While I was going for better quality on images, I still ended up with a 2.7MB zip. I could probably cut the size down by a good bit. Personally while it looked great at full speed, I'd prefer a bit slower animation... I'm gonna try 15 fps.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm going to bed... done for the night.... will check back tomorrow.... Good Luck!

ArmyDude

Reaction score

I usually do not interlace. One of the relics of the internet is interlaced gifs... the ones that load like every other line first and then fill in eventually. ugh ;)

Okay, my first attempt at this animation works somewhat on my D1. I converted to jpg and saved only every other frame in part1. I left it at 30 fps and as most do it plays very slow and laggy through the first part (before drivers load properly?)... once it gets to part1, it has a couple of lags, but plays very fast and smooth for the most part.

Unfortunately, it loops not only part1, but replays the entire animation after looping part1 at least a few times. After looping part1 a couple of times the 2nd time around, I get a lock screen. The whole of it lasted probably 30-40 seconds.

Total frames down to 116. While I was going for better quality on images, I still ended up with a 2.7MB zip. I could probably cut the size down by a good bit. Personally while it looked great at full speed, I'd prefer a bit slower animation... I'm gonna try 15 fps.

I didn't go that far. I took the images as is and made sure it loaded. As far as lagging and not looping correctly.... that's on him. I just got it to work and not be black on boot... LOL.

djakrse

Reaction score
What I do is.... Highlight the files / folders... Go directly into the folder that has desc.txt and part0 and part1. Highlight all 3 items.... right click and go to 7zip.... click add to archive... when it opens up... select zip and store.... and name it what you want. Then do the copy to your phone like you usually do... I have mine fully zipped in the system/media directory.

Here's a link to yours fully working 480 X 854.

You're welcome. :)

MegaUpload 480X854

Hehe nice armydude. How about the important particulars.. ;p jpg/png, what program and options to save files? I guess mine might play great on your DX too. Just wish the process was a bit more proven for the D1.