help with cyanogenmod v5.0.4.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wtfscrappiie, Mar 15, 2010.

1. wtfscrappiie

wtfscrappiie New Member

i reallly dislike clockwork modd so i wanna stick with sp recovery but my understanding installingg the rom by update.zip isnt the proper way? is it? andd i tired the restore way by putting the unziped file int he nandroid file but i got a error message
  2. HMJB

HMJB New Member

Keep it simple, download the droidmod app and let it get you back to SPrecovery the easy way then you can do the rest from there.

Other than that I dont understand what you trying to say :-/
  3. wtfscrappiie

wtfscrappiie New Member

im trying to download cyanogenmod v5.0.4.2 which koush says use rom manager from the market to download the rom which is the clockwork recovery, which i dislikee, so im trying to seee if theres another way to download this rom by using sprecovery? is it the right way to download the rom by using the install update.zip option in sprecovery?
  4. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Let me see if I can help you understand :-/...Here is the Nandroid version of CyanogenMod(ROM) via SPrecovery (recovery). If you Have Clockwork (recovery) with CyanogenMod(ROM) I would suggest following the steps in the post prior to mine (HMJB) in order to get back to SPrecovery (recovery)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ush-remix-rom-nex-theme.html?highlight=jrummy
  5. jakheb

jakheb New Member

im having trouble getting the usb tether that came with it to work.

and if you want to keep sprecovery then use the clockwork recovery to flash the rom then just reinstall it by itself. works for me