Help with ClockworkMod Recovery Advanced Restore

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ShuckThatJive, Dec 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. ShuckThatJive

ShuckThatJive New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey gang, something insane just happened to my phone - it was running fine all day, then I started getting blasted with android.process.acore FCs, about one every three seconds, peppered with a few com.android.mms FCs for good measure. Neither hot restart nor normal restart nor removing the battery could help, so I rebooted into ClockworkMod Recovery, made a backup and restored a recovery image from a couple of weeks ago.

That image works fine, but I've made some changes since then. I'd like to try using Advanced Restore to bring back the more recent backup, little by little. I see that I can restore boot, system, data, cache and sd-ext. I also see that my recovery image contains .img files named .android_secure, boot, cache, data, datadata, recovery and system.

There are a few obvious ones, of course, but does anyone know what each of these components contains - e.g. which one has texts, contacts, system settings, home screen layouts? Why are there more img files than components ClockworkMod will let me restore?

And of course, if anyone knows what happened to my phone in the first place, I'm all ears :)

Thanks!
  2. ShuckThatJive

ShuckThatJive New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, after doing a few restores, I found that
    • restoring "data" will restore the data, datadata and .android_secure img files;
    • whatever went wrong, it comes back when I restore "data," but not if I restore any of the others; and
    • "data" also has my home screen layout, at the very least.
    Can I restore the "data" img files one-by-one to try to narrow down the problem further? Is there any way I can open up the img files to take out some recently added apps that might be the cause?
  3. jtrout

jtrout New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone ever needs to know, there is actually a program you can use to unpack each individual .img file, discussed here (expand a nandroid img file - xda-developers). I successfully unpacked my .android_secure.img file, and manually copied the asec files to my .android_secure folder, which was blank after a nandroid restore. I'm back in business, whoo hoo!
Search tags for this page

.android secure.img not found

.android secure.img

advanced restore clockworkmod

advanced restore clockworkmod recovery
android secure img not found

android secure.img not found

clockworkmod advanced restore

clockworkmod advanced restore data

clockworkmod recovery advanced restore

restore data clockworkmod