Help with Carbon/helium Backup...

Reaction score
I just switched from Verizon S3 to the Verizon Galaxy S4, I had tons of backup data files stored in my sd card, got the new S4 and updated drivers on my pc and Carbon (Now called Helium) is not reading/detecting the Phone, the PC does, but not the program...Please help and Thank YOU!

loonie01

Reaction score
What I did was download Helium to phone. Since I didn't have root, it asked for me to download the PC version here (ClockworkMod Carbon). Once it's installed, run the phone version, it will ask you to plug the phone into the computer. Make sure (make sure USB debugging is on) it should work then. I think these were the steps I took.

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
What I did was download Helium to phone. Since I didn't have root, it asked for me to download the PC version here (ClockworkMod Carbon). Once it's installed, run the phone version, it will ask you to plug the phone into the computer. Make sure (make sure USB debugging is on) it should work then. I think these were the steps I took.

Thank you for the Reply! Those were the exact same steps I took as well and the pc software still didn't recognize it :(

loonie01

Reaction score
Do you have any other type of phone drivers installed other than Samsung. I had HTC drivers conflicting with Samsung.

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Do you have any other type of phone drivers installed other than Samsung. I had HTC drivers conflicting with Samsung.

I had some Motorola ones, completely wiped them off and still nothing...I'm starting to believe that the developers at Helium perhaps need to update something in their PC software or perhaps the S4 Verizon version is crashing with the software.

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Did you try installing Kies or try the usb cable that came with it. I'm running out of ideas. :)

I did use the cable that came with it, BUT Kies is not installed though, perhaps I can try that, BUT I have to say that I never need any of Kies stuff with my S3 or Galaxy note 2, I have to say It might be a compatibility issue with VERIZON S4 version...But I'll try to install Kies and see what happen!

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Problem solved! Uninstalled all the Samsung drivers, then installed KIES, then switched to mtp use option and that's it! Thank you so much for all the help!

mtl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blu Pure XL
All you need to do is start the ADB sever manually. Open up command prompt and type in "adb start-server". (If you did not add adb to PATH, you're going to need to cd into the folder where you installed the adb driver first)