Help with Car Home and Google map on root

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by EvilDxtreme, May 12, 2010.

1. EvilDxtreme

EvilDxtreme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have rooted My moto Droid phone to the stock with root and everything went great but I cant use !!!! car home !!!! it force closes and when I try to install Google maps the install is always unsuccessful. Is there a fix for this or will I lose these features with root. Also tried Bugless Beast and same result with no car home and cant install google maps. Everything else went smooth including over-clocking, custom roms install, Kernal install, and backups. I studied the process for about a week and seen nothing on losing the navigation.

2. EvilDxtreme

EvilDxtreme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never mind got it working.

For those with the same problem trying to get google maps to install from market place and cant, just manually install it as a ".APK " file and it will install that way and fix the car home from force closing as well.

Here is a link to the Google Maps install file.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_0ClQVp1AHNYjhlMTRlNTItOWFiNi00ZmVjLWFmMDAtMGQzNGRhZDdiZWVj&hl=en

Install with "eoe appinstaller" which can be found in the market play as a free app.

Hope this helps

#2 EvilDxtreme, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
Search tags for this page

google maproot

googlerutmap.com

googlerutmaps
my location maproot
www.googlerutmap net.com