1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Caller ID

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by azevedoj1, Feb 11, 2010.

1. azevedoj1

azevedoj1 New Member

Hello my friends! I was wondering if some good samaritan could help me with this issue: I live in Brazil and here we dial 015 (phone company code) 31 (area code) and then the phone number. So if I want to call a certain contact it would be 015-31-9778..... And that's how my contact number is stored! However, when I receive a call, the company code doesn't show up. It appears as 031-9778.... So, Droid doesn't tell me who is calling, it just shows the number!!! Does anyone know how to solve this?! Thank you very much!!!!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum. We don't get a lot of questions about international use as generally speaking the Droid isn't a "world" phone like a Blackberry. The only suggestion I would have would be to enter the regular number as an additional number to your contact. That way it will show up on your Droid with the name of the contact.

Hope that helps. And again welcome to the forum.:)
  3. azevedoj1

azevedoj1 New Member

Hello Hook!!! Thank you very much, my friend! Yes, that is a simple and beautiful idea!!! Thanks!
  4. atico

atico New Member

I have the same problem with call from south america, now I think what happens is that when a call is made internationally the local company may be using another carrier to make the connection. I get sometime a 305 number or like you say the 031... numbers as well. you just have to be aware that if you see a 031 or something to that affect it will be most likely an international call.
Search tags for this page

android caller id doesn't display area code

my samsung galaxy s3 doesn't display caller name

no caller id problem with galaxy sii