1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with Busybox in CM

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by kevdog, May 19, 2011.

1. kevdog

kevdog New Member

I recently updated via Jrummy's busybox script to BB 1.19. I'm finding all my modprobe statements (such as those that load the compcache module) -- are not working since they are looking in /lib/modules rather than /system/lib/modules.

Is there any workaround for this? I'm really frustrated.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Kev,

I know you are better at this than me, but is it possible to symlink the BB stuff in the alternate location. I would think if properly done it would not add a lot of file size to your system. My solution to BB has been to just leave what comes with the rom, and ditch the updaters. Seems like I was forever breaking stuff with BB updates.

Craig
  3. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Bear

#1 -- I'm not really better than you on this stuff -- for real.

#2 You are totally right about the symlinks and problems with the updaters. I did however find a workaround. I needed the newest busybox version because it comes with the crond program. Hence the confusion. If you don't need the new executables that come with busybox, then I wouldn't waste my time

#3 I posted my solution in the swap thread.
Search tags for this page
busybox cm 11
busybox for cm-11

cm busybox

cyanogenmod busybox

is there a busybox in cm