Help with bettercut please!!!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by jyabor91, Mar 13, 2010.

1. jyabor91

jyabor91 New Member

Hey guys I would like to start off by saying hello due to this being my first post here on DroidForums :rockon: but on to my problem.....
    I am trying to edit my icons using and icon pack i downloaded off of one of the threads. I downloaded Bettercut and when i hit "Edit Shortcut", a popup says "unable to edit shortcuts for Android Home, if you are editing Open Home, you MUST install Open Home first. The easy solution is just uninstall BetterCut and then reinstall it (without uninstalling Open Home)"
    Now i am running bugless beast on here with the smoked glass theme and I am also using HelixLauncher_1.0. Thanks in advance for your help :yr1:

Attached Files:

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum jyabor :D

i have never seen that popup before and i don't have open home. maybe i'm just not understanding your question. did you try uninstalling then reinstalling? i used to use bettercut but now that folderorganizer allows you to edit icons or rename for individual apps as well as folders i use that. plus folderorganizer saves all your icons indefinitely so when you flash a new rom you don't have to start all over in customizing your icons. i know this doesn't solve your bettercut problem....just throwing out a better alternative IMHO. i hope this helps. good luck :D
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

bettercut doesn't work with the first two version of the Helix launcher. Version 1.2 is supposed to have that fixed. If you are a donor 1.2 is already out.
  4. papy72

papy72 New Member

Wow, this is just the thread I was looking for. I have a problem with Bettercut too! :)

I'm running stock 2.0.1 and GDE. On my home screen are several icons that don't show up in BC when I try to use the edit app feature. Two that come immediately to mind are Facebook and the Gmail icon.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling BC but that did nothing.

Any suggestions?
  5. jyabor91

jyabor91 New Member

Thanks for the support fellas :icon_ banana: I tried folderorganizer and that worked like a charm. plus they did fix this on 1.2. papy72, i suggest you try folderorganizer. It works great
  6. triplem007

triplem007 New Member

Thank you Corina :D you saved me a few headaches...I hated bettercut's interface