Help with a mistake...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by biggiesplace79, Nov 1, 2010.

1. biggiesplace79

biggiesplace79 New Member

hi guys and gals. I am complelty new to this place but i been goin on the site for a while. I have also searhed the forums for a while and couldnt fiond an answer to my question so her we go. First off i am usind a droid 1. its running on 2.2d. Now the problem. I went ahead and rooted it last night. I used the post on here. Everything semed to go fine until i had to restart my phone now all it is doing is rebooting over and over again. The battery is showing dead even when i plug it in. Now im figuring the phone is completely tanked aka bricked but i was wondering if you all had any suggestions. And before i get the common responses i have tried to use a backup but nothing. I have also tried to connect to a computer and just take the root off but since i cant really turn it on i cant get the computer to connect to it.. anyways i know this s rather long and i apologize i just wanted to give all the info i could. Have a good one.
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Sounds like you flashed the ESE81 SBF to root instead of Motocache1's SBF. Pull the battery before it discharges too much.

Which link did you follow to root? Can you boot into recovery? What recovery image do you get?
  3. biggiesplace79

i got the android image yes i can still boot into recovery. but whn i try to use a backup still the same issue
  4. biggiesplace79

and i used the link that said root your phone with any os
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Somehow people are still getting the wrong SBF with that link. Strange.

Okay, when you get into recovery, is it SPRecovery or stock? If it's SPRecovery we'll just go ahead and flash a ROM, otherwise you'll either have to reflash SPRecovery or do a factory reset to go back to stock.