Help with a boot animation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Jul 10, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

I'm trying to make a full screen boot animation for my moto droid but it's been a while since i've changed my boot animation and i don't totally remember every thing. Any way here is my boot animation (note i did not create the animation i only made a few small edits to three different animations and put them together)

Bootanimation.zip
    bootanimation.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Could someone just tell me what is wrong with it and why i keep getting a black screen. I've tried everything i can think of and i've changed the desc.txt so many times it's not even funny but the one in the animation is just the last one i tried. Any help as to why it's not working is greatly appreciated thanks.

O and the commands i'm using in terminal emulator btw are
    su
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    reboot
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Try contacting carlz28 he does a lot of boot animations.
  3. gflam

Alright will do thank you
  4. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

When you zip up that bootanimation.zip you need to just archive it uncompressed... if using 7zip, just zip it using 'store'

also, increasing the frames per rate will probably at least get all of the animation to play before the Droid boots up...
  5. kahlem

kahlem New Member

I don't mean to change the thread sorry, but I have had my droid since the release date and have some good hands on experiance with it but my issue is I really want to root it now more than ever. I have been through forum after forum thread by thread video after video on the process and kinda got it down. Now underlines my problem. I don't have a pc. I live 35 minutes away from the nearest computer and its at the library. I know I can't use that one. I have seen and read ways to root without a pc and tried a couple times but no avail. Can you please help. I got the files needed on my sd card. Got astro, rom manager, everything already. I even tried dm updater, nothing! Running stock 2.1. Please help. Hats off to you guys. Thanks
  6. gflam

I am using 7zip and i right click add to archive and it has always been set to store and if i increase the frames per second nothing still happens because the animation won't play in the first place