Help with 5.5 893 root to 5.9 902 root

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Hello, looking for some help wifh this process. I currently have 5.5 893 root, and im looking to download 5.9 902 and keep root. I have installed apk safestrap and have made a backup of my stock system. I've put off installing this update fof a week now. I just want to make sure there is a sure way to do this without bricking mu phone. I mean after all, the bionic has enough problems as is. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You need to 4ever root before applying the .902 OTA... but even if you did lose root, there's now an exploit for .902 to root.

wil20mva

Reaction score
I could only last a day putting it off. I researched and found the voodoo otaroot keeper... i updated and reinstalled the application and it gave me a link to the SU app. Once installed, everything worked perfectly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Get OTA root keeper, and backup root but before permanent root.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

bigmook

Reaction score
Or just search for motofail. It is an exploit that will root stock. 902

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Well. I wont have my computer for a couple days, so I was wondering if this app ota root keeper, could be used without a computer to do what I need. If so how would that work.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Well. I wont have my computer for a couple days, so I was wondering if this app ota root keeper, could be used without a computer to do what I need. If so how would that work.

Just use Forever Root, no PC required. As mentioned previously, in the unlikely event that you still lose root, there is a one-click root method called Motofail that works for .902.

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
I appreciate all of your suggestions, I just got to get the guts to go ahead and do it. Its hard to take the plunge.I mean ever since this update 902 came out, I've heard alot of different things. I currently have been running rooted stock 5.5 893 and have not had to many issues at all. So i'm not sure about this update. I've been patient reading the forums when I have time, Some people actually said that this update made their device worse. I wish there was a way to cancel the 902 update altogether.It reminds me everyday that its waiting to be installed. Any suggestions on that?