Help with 10% battery indicator for droid 2.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jarosg803, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Jarosg803

Jarosg803 New Member

Hello everyone. dancedroid

This has been beating me down for about five days now. I have a new Droid 2 and have rooted and de-odexed. The only changes that I have to the de-odex is the notification bar which is now black. I am trying to install a round battery indicator that will display in 10% increments. I have successfully installed the battery indicator, yet it will only display in 20% increments. I am unable to open the .xml files necessary to change what the phone looks for to load the pngs for the battery percentage. I have looked at several sources for some way to accomplish this modification, yet each time I have tried to perform the modification it has resulted in failure. These two threads (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cv...update-every-10-rather-than-every-20-a-9.html) (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/66579-want-stock-theme-plus-battery-5.html) are just two of the ones that I attempted to derive some solution from. I have uploaded the framework.res that I am attempting to use. I stake no claim to this file at all. I am simply trying to add the 4 cheesy pngs that I did a little editing on. The 30, 50, 70, and 90 are these pngs. If anyone out there at all has accomplished this or something similar and can provide some insight I would be extremely and forever grateful. I would also be able to get some sleep before work for once :icon_eek:. Thank you in advance. :)
  2. Jarosg803

Jarosg803 New Member

Just for clarity, I'm pretty much looking for a walk through, or just a lot more information on making the modification itself, not just opening the .xml file. I have learned quite a bit trying to mod my phone, but not as much as I need to to make the modification, and not nearly as much as the devs on this site. Yes, I am sucking up, and I am very desperate. Thank you!
Search tags for this page

droid 4 battery display frozen at 90%

droid bionic stuck at 90 percent

how to get battery indicator on droid x2