Help wiht MM

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mrdorunjr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

many themes or addons i have downloaded i try to use the theme for lets say facebook widget, or helix launcher, and a few others it says the tharget /system etc etc etc .apk does not exist...how do i get around that or fix that?
  2. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

mmmm bump?
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Push those apps which are giving you errors to system/app.
  4. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

what do you mean by push?
  5. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

6. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

7. KrazyKrivda

KrazyKrivda Premium Member Premium Member

I'm not sure all of the OP post.. BUT, if it says not found.. either the theme file has a typo, or the file that is being themed is not on your phone.. no big deal.. may be older versions, or files not for your phone.. either way.. MM skips files if they are not located at the path set on your phone... for example.. if you have Gallery3d.apk and the MM has Gallery.apk.. you will get a message that it was not foudn and skipped. Now if you get this message and you do have the application on the phone.. you may want to look int to that.

I think you are sking about Fb etc, why they do not update when you theme them.. if that is the case, it is because you have installed an "update" to this application and it is stored in data/app/ on your phone (since it was DLed from the marketplace) and it is not possible to theme apps loaded in data. There are ways aroudn this.. but usually for the more advanced user. and if it is a "google" app, it can be moved to system and themed there.. however if it is an app not by google and some other dev.. it is MUCh more advanced and you are NOT able to theme with MM unless you mod the app itself and resign the package with google test keys. Like I said.. if that part goes over your head.. do not worry.
  8. vmann32

vmann32 New Member

If rooted nandroid backup is your friend.If you want to experiment there is endless info here and all over the net.Make a back up and dabble.I had no clue a month ago(some say still don't hehe).Now I am rooted trying different roms got SDK and ADB shell on my PC.There is alot of great peeps here so,it is up to you.GL
  9. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

I'm having issues using Metamorph to install any theme. I had this same problem initially, but after I tried it again, I didn't receive the error. The problem is, it doesn't install the majority of the themes. Only a few icons are themed, nothing else; no Power Control widget, no Facebook widget, no framework, nothing. Widgets almost all show up with the "Problem loading widget" error after I try to push the theme... Not sure why that is or what I can do to fix it. Any ideas?
  10. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

First off what ROM are you using? Second with the problem load widgets error. You will get that anytime you theme a launcher. I know it sucks but that is how it works.
  11. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

I've tried this on Smoked Glass 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, and now I'm on Jrummy's Remix v.07 (CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2), and none have worked. I get the whole widget issue, but when I reload the widget, I don't get the themed one...
  12. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What theme are you trying to load, link would be good?
  13. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

I've tried it using multiple ROMs/themes, ever since I rooted my phone back in January, and it's never worked to the point where more than the icons/market were themed. I was currently trying to load this theme. I tried the one for Cyanogen and I tried a few others (v.202, 201, etc) just in case they would work. Only one that seemed to almost work was Cyanogen on Jrummy v.5, but when it rebooted, it was stuck on the "M" logo, had to Nandroid.