Help - When you got your Droid...

Diordna

Reaction score
Did you do the 24 hours of charging.
I know it's been said but everyone is different and I want to know what to do.
I LITERALLY JUST GOT MY DROID!! I looked outside today and saw a box, it was the best thing ever!
Sure everyone who ordered online knows what I'm talking about haha

Anyways my new biffle is sitting next to me, haven't powered him up yet because of a thread I read last night about battery and said something with 24 hour charge first and also on directions it says 24 charge then turn it on, call *228 ect ect.

LIKE CRAP I CAN!

How can, and if some of you did, how did you wait 24 hours?
I heard on a thread that it isn't necessary and it can be a healthy battery if you once a month or so drain it empty, shut it off and power it up for a long time. That true?

Thanks, please answer guys, it's looking at me and it's off =0

-DriordnAndroid

StupidGenius

Reaction score
If it's recommended, do it. Charge it at a relative's house so you don't have to watch it, like waiting for water to boil.

Just make sure it's a relative you trust!!! :) You may never see it again.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
for all devices that need charging, i ALWAYS charge for roughly 20 hours. Just a habit to me.

gatewayad

Reaction score
I think I let it charge 2 hours when i first got it or untill it said 100% then off i went. Never have had an issue, with heavy use i get a full day out of it, but when I can i put it on the usb at work.
WTH they cant really expect you to have it a full day and not use it, thats just silly talk. :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need to charge it for 24 hours or anything like that. You only need to charge it until the lightning bolt stops. Then it's fully charged, you can't get it any more charge.

I think you are thinking this is like the old batteries where they have a memory and you're not suppose to charge them until they die. These batteries are a new generation lithium and don't require that. You can charge them as you like.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Well like I said it told me to do it in directions but screw it I can't wait anymore. I will charge it now though until it's done!

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
No charging here. Used it right out of the box until it needed to be charged.

actrack03

Reaction score
I used mine right from the store, brought it home and played with it while it was charging. Have better battery life on this than I did my storm and motoQ9m. Its a smartphone so if you are used to a flip phone or other non-smartphone then the battery life is going to take some getting used to but as far as causing damage to your battery I didn't have any problems.

*edit: post #30, no longer a junior Droid!

Sodner

Reaction score
I got mine at a Verizon store. It had a charge when I got it. I used it that day and plugged it in that night and let it charge over night. Mine has never been on a charger for 24 hours straight and my batter life is fine.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Yeah I'm playing with it! Downloaded Hancent SMS and Dolphin Browser so far :)

And I'm lazy so I synched my facebook friends in contacts and I don't talk to more than most of them haha!! I love it! There pictures are there too ^^

Sorry I know it's nothing new to you guys but I'm having a ball!

I'm NOT liking some "force close" things though.. happened when I first started using browsers and signed into FB but no big deal. I'm on now.

omg I wanna try swype :)

FireDroid

Reaction score
Used mine straight from the box also, went got it from verizon then went shopping for a couple hours! During that time I played with all the goodies including the Nav!

imiller913

Reaction score
I only charged it util it was at 100% then off I went to my friends house that has an iphone. LOL I couldn't wait :icon_evil: