Help! What is Wrong with my Droid???

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by kodiarc, May 19, 2010.

1. kodiarc

kodiarc New Member

So i found out my droid has been doing this for a while from a few of my friends, every time my phone dies etc, i turn it back on and it sends multiple messages to my friends that i have already sent through handecentSMS, can someone please tell me what to do? Or should i just delete handecent. This problem has been going on for a while and i can't seem how to fix it, please help.

Thanks,
    Kodiarc
  2. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

do you have an app killer
  3. smcdo123

smcdo123 New Member

Are they just random messages being sent or ones that you wanted to send earlier in the day because they may have not sent and when your phone turns back on and reconnects to the network it will try and send them again. Check and see if your friends are even getting those messages on their phone wether your droid says it ssent or not. If not i would delete handcent heres a link to get a black themed original messaging app if your rooted also can change the led colorhttp://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/15/download-new-mms-apk-with-custom-settings/
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Just out of curiosity, when you say "every time my phone dies" are you talking about the battery? If so do you use the standard charger? I've seen some post indicating that the Droid has sent out messages on it's own when a non standard charger is used.

If you're saying that your Droid "dies," in other words, resets frequently then you are having other issues. I would suggest that you get rid of any automatic task killers you have and possibly do a factory data reset in your privacy settings. Droid does not just reset (die) for no reason, that's not normal behavior.
  5. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

i have the same issue as him also and i my friends get the messages cause they reply to them but it normally happens if i send a message hit the home button and kill all apps using atm(i know its bad but its a habit) which closes handcent (i need to exclude it) and when i restart my phone i get texts saying "what" my point being i think (for me at least) its the app killer
  6. kodiarc

kodiarc New Member

ok so you guys think its the app killer? Well it normally happens when my phone dies and i restart it, it sends out the last couple of messages to all the people i have recently talked to in my inbox on handcent.

So here's what i did i deleted the app and then restarted the phone. I hope it doesnt have to do with task killer if so then i will uncheck the box ever time i select kill apps.

Anyone else having this issue?
  7. kodiarc

kodiarc New Member

Im using a verizon charger if that's what your asking? And my phones not dying, it happens when it runs out of battery because i have not charged it. And it normally happens every time the phone dies from me not charging it, at least that's when i've noticed it...
  8. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

Just add handcent and default messaging to your exclude list and you should be good to go also to in handcent if you notice it has the spinning circle thing saying it hasn't been sent and you know it has just hit menu in the main list of people and go to undelivered messages and delete them

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. aminaked

aminaked New Member

App killers: take a perfectly functioning phone and run a program that causes problems and uses more resources than it saves. If you have apps that need auto-killing then you have defective apps and should uninstall them. Not looking to argue. Just my 2 cents. Uninstall that crap, including automated task killers.
  10. kodiarc

kodiarc New Member

hmm ok i just read handcent forums, and it's a bug that they say that there fixing, but the issue could be from using the task killer/and handcent combined. It normally happens when the phone reboots or the program reboots. So i think it's a combination of problems between handcent and task killer. So here's what i found that i think will fix it:

Exclude the original messenger and handcent from the task killer
    Remove notifications from original messenger so handcent only manages it, and also uncheck delivery report, because sometimes handcent doesn't think the message was sent and sends out duplicate messages.
    Keep phone charged so it doesn't reboot

Hope this helps me and other people for future reference.
  11. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Way back when........ I got my Droid a few days after release. I was quick to put ATK on my phone. (thought I was doing a good thing for the battery and all). I then downloaded apps and all, then I started having some of the same issues. Did some reading, found out that the way the Droid is made there is no need for an app killer. So I deleted the app killer and no problems since.

Seriously folks get rid of the app killers, they are not helping your Droid they are causing conflicts with your other apps.
Search tags for this page
droid charge issue saying wrong date
my droid says the wrong date and time
phone naming pictures with wrong date

what is wrong with my droid

what is wrong with my droid ,it will not update, how do i fi
what is wrong with my verizon droid
what's wrong with my droid
what's wrong with my phone why is it black and out
whats wrong with my bionic
why does my moto x have the wrong time