Help wanted! looking to learn about the Dx

jgraf91

Reaction score
I am somewhat new to the droid x and i would like to try new things with it. i had the htc incredible in the past and was able to figure a couple things out for that with a help from a friend. The Dx has been a little more confusing to me. from what i have read about deodexing, sbf, 2nd init, and so on, i would rather ask for help then find out that i ruined my phone on my own. lol if any one could lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated. for one, what exactly is the difference between a rom and a theme? here are a couple of themes that i would like to try, [THEME] RedX for Stock Gingerbread .596 by NatemZ - xda-developers, [Theme] ThirdEye for DroidX - CM7 Nightlies, [THEME] all 2.2 UPgrade red / royal blue - xda-developers, so if you could take a look and see what rom it is that i would need to use exactly and how i should go about getting this to work. i am currently running system version 2.3.340.MB810. i have been using z4root so that i can use the wireless tether app. i unrooted and tried doing a system update and it states that it is already up to date. not sure what to do. thanks for any suggestions and help

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A ROM is a full system, a theme is just the appearance. So themes are compatible with the ROMs they're theming.

That specific theme is for the Cyanogenmod ROM.

on the move..