Help w/ wifi and set cpu

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by DaveB722, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DaveB722

DaveB722 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the rom and have been using it for almost a month now. I just recently had a couple issues crop up and need some help.

1- up until Monday, I could use wifi. Now whenever I try to turn it on, via power control, wifi widget or through settings, it just sits there stating connecting- Establishing wifi connection and nothing happens and will not even hook up at home like it always has.

2- I changed my kernel about 2 weeks ago from slayher to chevy and now set cpu doesn't always recognize the profiles I set up. I did do a device selection and auto detected speeds. But it doesn't seem to adjust the cpu settings I have programmed in.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. billygalbreath

billygalbreath Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    1) go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Wifi Settings and see if its finding your access point. Click on it and put password (if encrypted). There will be more detailed information in the top list item.

2) we cannot guarantee any other kernel to work with any 3rd party programs (like chevy & setcpu). Try replicating the issue using the stock shadow kernel and see what happens.

3. DaveB722

DaveB722 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1- still not finding my network, my Dad's droid just found it with no problem. Mine says connecting and my network is still listed but states it is not in range, secured with wep.

2- ran chevy before with this rom, and didn't have a problem then, didn't know if I was missing something.

Maybe I should re-install the rom?

Thanks again.

4. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same issue with Chevy kernels, I suggest a p3 kernal

5. DaveB722

DaveB722 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed the new version of shadow rom and don't have any issue with wi-fi now. :icon_ banana:

Search tags for this page

not in range secured with wep

setcpu no wifi
wifi and cpu