Help w/new lg vortex

aab1994

Reaction score
I just got an LG Vortex yesterday. I cannot add a contact and have it save. When I enter all the info in,,it says 'saving contact' then when I go back to look,,there is nothing there.

ALSO

My when not in use, my Vortex screen keeps popping on and off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Try re syncing ur contacts. Sometimes helps.

As far as the screen flashes, some apps run by themselves and set the screen to turn on. Mainly messaging, email, social, and I'm apps do this. If u use any of them, check the settings for this

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

OP
A

aab1994

Reaction score
okay,,I'm very smart phone ignorant,,can someone now tell my what synching is and how I do this??

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Pretty simple...

Go to contacts. Press menu. Then accounts. The top two boxes should be checked to sync. Scroll down. Ur gmail should be there and should have a green circle on the right.

To be sure sync is on. Easy way.

On ur home screen hold ur finger on a blank spot till a window pops up. Click widgets. Scroll and find power control. The circle with the two arrows is sync. Make sure there is a green bar under it. If not click it. Power off then on.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
If this don't work be sure all contacts are set to view...

Click contacts. Menu. Display options. Ur gmail is listed. Click it. Under make sure system group: my contacts, starred in android and all other contacts are checked. If not check them then go back to see if anything changed

OP
A

aab1994

Reaction score
now for the screen popping on and off?? HELP!!

Is there any way someone can wallk me thru the processes of fixing why my Vortex screen keeps popping on and off?? It's draining the battery life and making the phone warm to touch!!

I think I am going to like this phone once I get it all figured out!

ceboykin86

Reaction score
What apps have you installed? Or if you havent installed any there may be other issues.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App