Help! VZW S3 4.1.2 to 4.3 upgrade failing with "feature.xml has unexpected content"

CPngN

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a US I535 Verizon S3 which I rooted when I got it and kept rooted through an update with Voodoo Rootkeeper. I have since temp unrooted and tried to apply the OTA update to 4.3 (I don't have time to wipe, install via recover, and put everything back) and the upgrade is failing to apply around 25% with this message found in /data/log/recovery_log.txt:

Installing update...
try_update_binary(path(/cache/fota/update.zip))
radio.diff not found
Register_libbootloader_updater Qcom msm8960
[DEBUG] setprocattrcon: open failed, errno=2
[DEBUG] setprocattrcon: open failed, errno=2
Verifying current system...
file "/system/csc/feature.xml" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
failed to stat "/data/.saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load data file
script aborted: "/system/csc/feature.xml" has unexpected contents.
"/system/csc/feature.xml" has unexpected contents.
E :Error in /cache/fota/update.zip
(Status 7)
E:Error in /cache/fota/update.zip
(Status 7)
FOTA_update_success_log_result()
Update Fail. File is written. status = 7
Installation aborted.

Does anyone know how to correct this either by updating the xml file or fixing whatever may be the "true cause" of that error? I've been looking for a feature.xml from the original Verizon 4.1.2 that I can compare/copy but.. no luck. I'm trying/hoping not to wipe my device and lose my settings. Don't care about boot loaders, though I do hope to get root back (I see a new approach that is similar to the original I did with 4.1.1 so I don't think I need to "save" my root.)

Here's the text of my /system/csc/feature.xml that the is complaining about:
Private Paste - Pastie

Thanks to anyone who can help!