1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help using Root explorer

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by globalmark, Dec 14, 2010.

1. globalmark

globalmark New Member

Hi
    Sorry if in wrong place but not sure where is best place to ask this question

I have a Garmin A50 with Android 2.1 Rooted with new Root explorer working fine.
    but should not think the phone matters in how to use Root Explorer ??

I am trying to remove the "optus" applications (australian provider) in my phone and read that this Root explorer is the best one to use - so I paid and installed the application - however all the info i can find says go to -
    Systems _ App then select the unwanted applications and delete or uninstall !
    However none of the Applications I do not want are in that file , they are all in
    System_ Carrier _ persist-app and if I try the same way of deleting/uninstalling it does not let me . Are they somewhere else i can remove ??
    if i click on the unwanted Application it give me a Choice or install, Cancel or View (install just installs not Uninstalls)
    How can I get rid of these unwanted applications - they are Optus Directory Assist, Optus Music store, Optus Applications Store, Optus MY Account, Twitter and Ciao all stuff i will never use or want .
    Thanks Mark
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

:welcome:

Wow, I must say your out on a limb with that device here, lol, but I will try to help anyways.

When trying to 'delete' an app, I usually rename them by changing the extensio from .apk to .bak, just in case. Probably not exactly what you wanted. But furthermore, you must make sure that you have mounted the system as read/write before you make any changes at all within it.

good luck
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

DroidForums junkie!!
  4. globalmark

globalmark New Member

Hi Teddyearp

Thanks for the Advice , I found actually that it was not on R/W it was on R/O but i thought i put it on mount R/W - basically i got the mount R/W and mount R/O back to front - after I got that correct and found the "optus apps" I did not want then a Long hold on the App got me to the delete - after that plain sailing .
    thanks for the Help anyway
    Cheers Mark

P.s Happy Christmas and new year to all
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

This is the same as R/W. Your welcome, glad you got it to do what you wanted.
Search tags for this page
garmin a50 remove bloatware
garmin a50 removing optus

how to use root explorer

how to use root explorer android
htc incredible s remove optus bloatware#gsc.tab
optus+htc+phone+uninstall remove
uninstall optus apps garmin a50