help using my new razr droid -

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by mnconsult, Nov 21, 2011.

1. mnconsult

mnconsult New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my new Droid, clear. great browsing etc BUT what i need most i can't seem to get and have spent many hours looking.
    is there a way to download contacts, tasks and calendar from outlook at the same time ?
    is there a way to accept/decline/revise meeting requests directly ?
    i have messages and don't even know it ? how do i set up to see that i have messages ?
    is there a way to multi task or change applications and go back to what i was doing before without exiting and recreating ?

i would prefer to keep this new phone, but am getting close to my 14 day trial and going back to a new BB.

thanks for assisting me

2. gling

gling Member

Ratings:
    +11
    As far as I know, there's no one magic bullet that will sync everything you want at once.. I do know of a few separate solutions for some of your issues.
    You can export you contacts from Outlook as a CSV file and import them to Gmail. Transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail - Outlook - Office.com

If your contacts are stored on your email providers web site (Cox, Yahoo, etc.), you can log on to Gmail, go to settings, Accounts & Import, and follow directions.
    https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164641&topic=25415

F
    or Outlook Calendar, there is Google Calendar Sync which you download to your computer and choose how (one way/two ways) and when you want your calendar to sync with Google.Official Gmail Blog

For notifications on your phone, open your email app, go to Settings/Notifications, and set up how/how often you want to be notified (sounds, vibrate, etc). They should pop up on your status bar also.
    It might seem like a hassle but it's really quite painless and once done, you're good to go.

#2 gling, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    ALOHA welcome. hope u were able to get some answers.

4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to DroidForums. Let us know how you make out or if you need anything else.

5. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. dancedroid

Search tags for this page

how do i set restrictions on my razr phone

set up outlook email on droid razor with version 4.1.2