help using my new razr droid -

mnconsult

Reaction score
I love my new Droid, clear. great browsing etc BUT what i need most i can't seem to get and have spent many hours looking.
is there a way to download contacts, tasks and calendar from outlook at the same time ?
is there a way to accept/decline/revise meeting requests directly ?
i have messages and don't even know it ? how do i set up to see that i have messages ?
is there a way to multi task or change applications and go back to what i was doing before without exiting and recreating ?

i would prefer to keep this new phone, but am getting close to my 14 day trial and going back to a new BB.

thanks for assisting me

gling

Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no one magic bullet that will sync everything you want at once.. I do know of a few separate solutions for some of your issues.
You can export you contacts from Outlook as a CSV file and import them to Gmail. Transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail - Outlook - Office.com

If your contacts are stored on your email providers web site (Cox, Yahoo, etc.), you can log on to Gmail, go to settings, Accounts & Import, and follow directions.
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164641&topic=25415

F
or Outlook Calendar, there is Google Calendar Sync which you download to your computer and choose how (one way/two ways) and when you want your calendar to sync with Google.Official Gmail Blog

For notifications on your phone, open your email app, go to Settings/Notifications, and set up how/how often you want to be notified (sounds, vibrate, etc). They should pop up on your status bar also.
It might seem like a hassle but it's really quite painless and once done, you're good to go.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums. Let us know how you make out or if you need anything else.