Help us noobs

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Kahij, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Kahij

Kahij Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I apologize ahead of time for asking things that have allready been asked, but I am new to this whole thing, and am looking for a complete guide to doing every thing from rooting to installing mods. I have fond thing here and there, but non of the make as much sense to me as I feel like they should. I have rooted my phone and am able to install some roms, but I dont get all the different recovery consoles, and backup things, and different types of roms and how all of this works together.

HELP!
    I am looking for a rom that runs fast looks really good and clean, and will allow for full functionlaity of my phone along with all the perks, like wireless tether, overclocking and all that good stuff.

2. Droidlicous

Droidlicous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you should be able to search in the forums and about best rom its really all to you discretion, like me prsonally I like UD v10 by blackdroid

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Someone can answer specific questions, but if you are generally confused about everything, you are kinda beyond help haha. Reading around is your best bet at this point. There is a lot of information to digest when rooting, and really there is no one guide that has all of that information. Reading through some threads, you may pick up on pieces of information here and there that are understandable for you. Look at a few different guides, check out the video guides, etc This isn't something you should go in without any knowledge about. The more you know prior to diving it, the better off you will be.

As for which rom is the bestestest I agree with the above (well except for the UDv10 part haha). You just kinda need to try a few out and see which one suits your wants and needs the best.

4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Since you have gotten through at least one root and custom install, the best thing you can do is go back to stock and do it again, only use some other rom. Then do it again with a third rom. After you go though it a gazzillion times you'll start to understand it.

If a vet trys to explain it they will use terms you just don't understand...they assume you know what they know a lot of times. I was there not very long ago. I try as hard as I can to keep terminolgy simple for noobs but it's hard.

Keep reading...keep installing. Finmd a ROM that works the best on your phone and back it up. then try something else. Keep it fun. But recognize that it's like crack cocaine. Euphoria at first but eventually that goes away but you can't stop...it's like a need to change things. It never goes away. LOL

Nate