Help Unrooting and Returning to Stock

doomer4life

Reaction score
Hello and thanks to any and all of you in advance for any responses and/or advice and tips. I have a Droid X that has been having issues, after any decent amount of usage if I let the screen dim/shutoff the phone will reboot. This can happen even just while I am on a phone call or anything, in other words this is a problematic issue for me. I have tried every solution offered to me and every solution I could concieve of. I have factory restored multiple times, I have rooted and installed several different custom roms, while I was still on system 2.3.15 I even used the full SBF and then did the OTA install to 2.3.340 and the problem had seemed to be resolved so I decided I wanted root again and installed Darkslide Rom which I personally favored. Now I am in a bind the problem was never actually resolved I just had not payed close attention to the phone after using the SBF to see that the problem still remained I guess I was too accustomed to my D1 and having an SBF wipe be the end all solution to 99.9% of the problems.

Well my dilemma at the moment is that I decided it was time to actually call and see about calling this issue in under warranty since it is in no way the fault of any rooting I have done. But in order to do this I need to unroot. The actual unrooting I am none to worried about removing su, Superuser and busybox I believe I can handle in the terminal emulator without much worry. I am a little more paranoid on removing the Bootstrap hijacker, but mostly I am concerned with reinstalling/reacquiring any Blur that has been removed and the apps the phone had originally come with. As well as returning the Boot Image not the Motorola Boot Logo ( I never messed with this ) but the Boot animation to the stock animation. For the Darkslide Rom had changed this to theirs. I do have a few ideas on how to take care of my issues but I thought I should ask those who know better than I on this so it does not end too badly. Here are my ideas on a solution ( I have a couple ):

1.Remove Bootstrap and clockwork using this method (post #15)(Link)
Remove su, Superuser and busybox using method (Link)
Boot into stock Recovery and do Factory Restore

2.Remove Bootstap/clockwork using previously mentioned method
Flash 2.3.340 system only SBF
Stock Recovery Factory Restore

3.Find a Stock custom Rom (would need help on this)
After flashing Rom do the rest of procedure A

4.My Risky Idea
Flash full 2.3.320 SBF
Immediately Flash System only 2.3.340 SBF
Stock Recovery Factory Restore

Now will any of these ideas fix all my issues of needing to remove su, Superuser, busybox, clockwork ( bootstrap hijacker ), recovering all Blur and Verizon apps, and returning Boot Animation to stock. Or do I need to use a different method all together. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Again thanks in adance.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just SBF to 2.3.320 and use Maderschramm's update zip. Or just flash Maderschramm's zip and then remove SU.

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
Wow i did not even know maderschramm's update zip existed until i specifically searched for maderschramms update and then found it thank you Droid-Xer and Mader ill give it a try