1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP!! Unroot!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by CammedLS3, Apr 20, 2011.

1. CammedLS3

CammedLS3 New Member

I rooted my phone in January using SuperUser, mainly so I can have screenshots. Just recently the button on the top right to turn the phone on broke and I took it to Verizon and I have a refurbished one under warranty that was sent to me.

I need to unroot. I am brand new to all of this and need exact instructions lol. Please help my Droid brothers lol!!!!!!!!!!
  2. CammedLS3

CammedLS3 New Member

I tried entering this into terminal emulator but I cant get it to work. Am I supposed to put spaces in between these lines? I am so confused.

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cd /system/app
    rm Superuser.apk
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    sync
    reboot
  3. CammedLS3

CammedLS3 New Member

Also in the terminal emulator, I type "su" to give it superuser permissions and it only tells me "permission denied" or something like that. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to send this phone back in a couple days!
  4. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Not sure what phone you are working with, but the easiest way is to sbf. This puts your phone back to out-of-the-box condition. It will remove su and bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois
  5. CammedLS3

CammedLS3 New Member

Using a motorola droid, 2.2.2 update

What is sbf? Any guides that I can use?
  6. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Not sure if this will help. I have a droid x, which I believe this guide is for. The process should be the same aside from how to access the bootloader.

It is important that the sbf file you use is for your bootloader and system version, i.e. I have bootloader 30.04 & system version 2.3.340, so I use the full 2.3.340 sbf.

Edit: realized I forgot the link

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  7. CammedLS3

CammedLS3 New Member

Anyone want to chime in and let me know if this will work? Please help.
  8. TengokuDROID

TengokuDROID New Member

I made a rooting tutorial, which also shows you how to unroot your device as well. It's near the end of the video, cant miss it. This'll let you unroot your device without .sbf'ing, and having to lose all your apps, and reprogram.

Make sure you enable USB Debugging on your Droid. (From the homescreen: Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging)
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  9. RitzCracker

RitzCracker New Member

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

this worked very well for me. unrooted and got rid of my custom recovery. just put anything on the sd card that you want to keep. it's simple to do, just like installing a rom with update.zip. and now I can send my phone back in a few days when my new one gets here.
  10. Raydee35

Raydee35 Member

I get stuck on the waiting for device screen any time I have tried to root with Superoneclick.
Search tags for this page
unroot droid 3 terminal emulator

unroot galaxy s4 from terminal emulator