Help!!! Unroot needed asap!!!!

CammedLS3

Reaction score
I rooted my phone in January using SuperUser, mainly so I can have screenshots. Just recently the button on the top right to turn the phone on broke and I took it to Verizon and I have a refurbished one under warranty that was sent to me.

I need to unroot. I am brand new to all of this and need exact instructions lol. Please help my Droid brothers lol!!!!!!!!!!

I tried entering the following into the terminal emulator but it doesnt work, it says "permission denied" when I type in su.

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cd /system/app
rm Superuser.apk
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
sync
reboot

I rooted using superuser, the only app I really used was "screenshot" so just like the app says, I could have screenshots.

Please help!!! My original phone needs to be sent back ASAP and I need to get it unrooted!!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea just flash the SBF to your droid, be patient, and itll be back to stock. Or I hear there is an "update.zip" out there somewhere that erases everything, puts you back to stock, and removes recovery with no SBF needed...

So wait, you rooted in January and only have been using it for screenshots? No roms? Meh?

OP
C

CammedLS3

Reaction score
Yea just flash the SBF to your droid, be patient, and itll be back to stock. Or I hear there is an "update.zip" out there somewhere that erases everything, puts you back to stock, and removes recovery with no SBF needed...

So wait, you rooted in January and only have been using it for screenshots? No roms? Meh?

No roms, nothing. After I rooted it, I used it for the ability to have screenshots then the camera started acting up. So I didnt take the root any further. Then the button on the top right stuck down and it wont come back up. So I decided its time for a warranty claim. :) No troll here...

fox_dye

Reaction score
If you download a stock rom with no root and flash that you will be back to stock. I did it on my wife's phone. But to be really safe I would sbf. That wipes everything and is a way to be sure your completely stock.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yep. Just make sure you download the latest Motorola drivers, RSD lite, and the right sbf file.
Just make sure the sbf file loads up in RSD lite before you try to flash.
I had the be extra careful because my only internet source was Wifi tether, so I had to make sure everything was right first before I even tried.
Had to run to a hotel to download drivers when I bricked my D2G

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
C

CammedLS3

Reaction score
Yep. Just make sure you download the latest Motorola drivers, RSD lite, and the right sbf file.
Just make sure the sbf file loads up in RSD lite before you try to flash.
I had the be extra careful because my only internet source was Wifi tether, so I had to make sure everything was right first before I even tried.
Had to run to a hotel to download drivers when I bricked my D2G

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? I am running 2.2.2

Graymayre

Reaction score
Here's the sbf file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nd8bi9w67drdvlx

BTW the reason the update didn't work is that the Clockworkmod recovery you booted up in is not the stock recovery interface, it was a tool that the former owner flashed over the stock recovery, and thus does not function like stock recovery. It will look different after you flash.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Here's the sbf file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nd8bi9w67drdvlx

BTW the reason the update didn't work is that the Clockworkmod recovery you booted up in is not the stock recovery interface, it was a tool that the former owner flashed over the stock recovery, and thus does not function like stock recovery. It will look different after you flash.

Thought I was posting to the thread where a guy got his phone from another guy who had rooted it and wanted to unroot. Feel free to point and laugh.

OP
C

CammedLS3

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

I AM UNROOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I unrooted myself just a sec ago. I had to reroot the phone and then unroot it by using the "unroot" button on superoneclick (the software I used to root it in the first place). Works like a charm now. No superuser icon, no nothing. Planning on doing a hard reset later (in the settings menu).

My question is....Is this sufficent enough so Verizon wont find out I rooted it?

Graymayre

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

I unrooted myself just a sec ago. I had to reroot the phone and then unroot it by using the "unroot" button on superoneclick (the software I used to root it in the first place). Works like a charm now. No superuser icon, no nothing. Planning on doing a hard reset later (in the settings menu).

My question is....Is this sufficent enough so Verizon wont find out I rooted it?

Only if the phone still has the original recovery. If you flashed a different recovery through ROM Manager or something, it will still be there. In that case you will have to flash. If not, WOOT! to you.

Sean

OP
C

CammedLS3

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Only if the phone still has the original recovery. If you flashed a different recovery through ROM Manager or something, it will still be there. In that case you will have to flash. If not, WOOT! to you.

Sean

Only thing I used with the root was two apps:
1) "screenshot"
2) Terminal command thing

Never overclocked, no different ROM's....nothing

I think I am all set!! Someone please give me the final yes so I can pull the new phone out of the box and start setting it up. dancedroid

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yes, you should be good.

I had been running Cyanogenmod 7 rom with the Clockwork mod recovery, I had to flash before I sent it back.

OP
C

CammedLS3

Reaction score
Yes, you should be good.

I had been running Cyanogenmod 7 rom with the Clockwork mod recovery, I had to flash before I sent it back.

Thanks for all your help man. Have a cold one on me :pint::smile: