1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help understanding sd-ext parition and moving apps

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by chris79, May 31, 2011.

1. chris79

chris79 New Member

I formatted my sd-card with an ext2 parition. I installed the Apps 2 SD application from the market. How can I tell if the apps are being moved to the proper partition? When I move the app, only have the application size shows up in the Application setting with the option of Move to phone showing. Does the whole application get moved to the sd card or not? I'm currently running Simply Stunning 5.4.
  2. Damon

Damon New Member

3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

With any Rom based on Froyo or Gingerbread, you do NOT need to add the SD-EXT partition. That was only for Eclair ROMs as they didn't support apps2sd and needed a special partition.

As for moving all the app, it only moves the bulk of the data, leaving a "stub" on the /data partition....sort of like a shortcut pointing to where the app was moved.
Search tags for this page
android 4.3 /sd-ext
format sd card ext android

format sd ext

format sd-ext

format sd-ext android
formatting sd-ext

how to move apps to sd ext

how to move apps to sd ext partition

how to move apps to sd-ext partition
if i move an app to sd, does it go to ext2?
move apps to sd ext
move data to sdext
move to sd 4.1.2

move to sd-ext

safe to format sd-ext