Help!!! Trying to unlock bootloader

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Rooting has to be done via Amon-Ra currently. Reboot into Recovery and choose the install su/superuser option under the developer menu. Then reboot into the phone normally and download superuser via the market.

jacrushar

Reaction score
Rooting has to be done via Amon-Ra currently. Reboot into Recovery and choose the install su/superuser option under the developer menu. Then reboot into the phone normally and download superuser via the market.
I found the file for Amon Ra (recovery-ra-vigor-3.1.3-gnm.img) and I know to put in the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.1.3-gnm.img" and it goes through somethings but nothing seems to happen on the phone. Sorry, I don't know what I am supposed to do here, I can't find any clearer instructions anywhere.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to be in hboot when you flash the recovery image. Power down the phone(or pull the battery) . Power on holding volume down + power until you get the hboot screen. Then issue your fast boot command.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

jacrushar

Reaction score
You need to be in hboot when you flash the recovery image. Power down the phone(or pull the battery) . Power on holding volume down + power until you get the hboot screen. Then issue your fast boot command.

Yes this is exactly what I did but nothing seems to happen on the phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing is supposed to happen on the phone. Once you successfully send the image you can then use volume down to select recovery then hit power. This will take you into recovery

lukehayward86

Reaction score
Hi

i am also having the same problem with cmd saying waiting fro device, does anyone know if having previously updated my hboot when installing ice cream sandwich on my desire s or the fact that i am using a windows 8 pc going to be causing this issue.

my hboot screen reads

******* locked ******
saga pvt ship s-on rl
hboot - 2.02.0002
radio - 3831.19.00.110
emmc boot

Thanks
Luke