Help!!! Trying to unlock bootloader

jchammer123

Reaction score
Ok, so I go through all the steps on HTCdev.com. Once I get to the part where I type the command>fastboot oem get_identifier_token, its just sits there saying waiting on device. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong????

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I go through all the steps on HTCdev.com. Once I get to the part where I type the command>fastboot oem get_identifier_token, its just sits there saying waiting on device. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong????

Looks like you're coming from an X too...Well welcome to the dark side. Have a cookie.

To your problem, do you have USB Debugging enabled, the phone in charge only mode and HTC sync disabled/removed on your PC? These are the most common ways to get that "waiting for device" message. If you have all of the above, unplug and re-plug in the phone.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I thought I was supposed to have HTC Sync installed for this to work?

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Well, I tried all the things suggested above and still keep getting the waiting on device message. It's hard to find any other information on why I would be getting this message.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uninstall HTC Sync, there should be two entries in the applications window, one for the drivers and one for the sync, uninstall just the sync. and like Smith said, make sure you have USB debugging mode enabled.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
You guys are awesome!!! I started the whole process over on my laptop instead and uninstalled sync only and that made all the difference. Thank you, now onto rooting this bad mamajama!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome!!! I started the whole process over on my laptop instead and uninstalled sync only and that made all the difference. Thank you, now onto rooting this bad mamajama!

Awesome! Glad you got it working!

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Exactly!!! Now to get this bloatware out of face.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly!!! Now to get this bloatware out of face.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

HAHA, yeah, the bloat is a bit overboard, but hey, that's what ROOT and ROMs are for! Might I suggest first making a nandroid before touching anything just to tuck away for safe keeping. And there are some great ROM's that are still very much stock, but minus the bloat (or make it easier to remove more) and with their own tweaks makes the phone fast and snappy.

jacrushar

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with unlocking the bootloader on my Rezound and I have tried everything that has been said here so far at least twice. Anyone have anymore advice?

jacrushar

Reaction score
Right after I type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" into the command prompt, it just says <waiting for device> I have tried this with the phone on the white fastboot screen, as well as on with USB debugging on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled htc syc and the drivers to make sure they were installed correctly and then uninstalled just htc sync by itself and still no luck.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Right after I type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" into the command prompt, it just says <waiting for device> I have tried this with the phone on the white fastboot screen, as well as on with USB debugging on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled htc syc and the drivers to make sure they were installed correctly and then uninstalled just htc sync by itself and still no luck.

This has to be done on the fastboot screen. Make sure the screen says "Fastboot USB" Also check your device manager(If you're on windows). Sometimes the device doesn't show up properly. You should see it as an HTC ADB Device.