Help to go back to stock,strange situation!!

GaleaNatur

Reaction score
Hello i will write the whole history...First of all i am newbie so,sorry for my mistakes,i will try to explain the best i can!

Yesterday my brother gave me his old Droid/Milestone phone..He had rooted it with CM7(Froyo version). I wanted to Hard reset and return it to stock so that i would make it as i wanted,just like i had a new phone..

First of all,my brother tried to make a backup from the loader but it stuck at "dumping..." step,so i removed the battery,i think that is the biggest mistake..?

After that i did the X+Power button way to make the hard reset from the menu it shows up if i press volume up+camera button. So i did this and it came up with the setup wizard,i make all the prefences and at the last step after the time and date it pops me up with a message that setup wizard crashed(or something like that) and i have to force close it.After that the only thing i see in the screen is just a black screen and the bar on the top with time,date,battery level, and the thing i can do is receive and make calls!there is no menu at all!!!

If i try to reboot the phone it doesn't start at all,it stucks at CM7 logo and it won't procceed! the only way to go back to the black screen i told earlier is to make the steps above(hard reset->setup wizard->wizard error message->black screen and only phone calls)

Can anyone help me ? i am freaking out :/ :/

PS.Sorry for the long post but i tried to explain everything!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the phone model A853 or A854?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what? I was afraid you would ask that, lol..I only know I have an A855 because I've seen it associated with the Motorola droid so much plus it's in the build.prop file of my phone. All I know is that A854 is closer to the D1 than what A853 is. Anyone else?

OP
G

GaleaNatur

Reaction score
well i cant notice A853 or A854 on the sticker...it has many details but not something like this...i have the milestone if that helps...but is there much diefference?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
well i cant notice A853 or A854 on the sticker...it has many details but not something like this...i have the milestone if that helps...but is there much diefference?

Ok, just looked. On mine its under the first barcode on the right hand side model:A855

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something I have not seen mentioned much in this Milestone forum is that there are drastic differences in different models of Milestones. Motorola made things very confusing when they decided to make two phones which are very different have the same name. I started this thread to try and help clear it up a little. I wasted alot of time reading information that was totally irrelevant to my phone.

Milestone Model A853 is GSM and is the Milestone that is mentioned in most forums. Unlike the DROID, the A853 Milestone has a bootloader that only allows signed Firmware to load. There are other differences that I have not researched since this is not the model I have. Motorola is suppose to offer a 2.2 update for this phone at some point in the future.

Milestone Model A854 is CDMA and does not have a locked bootloader. The A854 is the same phone as the A855 Droid but branded with the Milestone name for licensing to small carriers. This model will not receive a official 2.2 update but most if not all the custom roms for the A855 Droid will work on the A854. I am currently running CyanogenMod-6.1.2-Droid which is Android Version 2.2.1 on a A854.

I am sure this is old news for some but like I mentioned before I wasted alot of time reading Milestone forums when I should have been reading Droid forums for information about the A854. I hope someone finds this information useful. If any of this information is incorrect please feel free to correct me.

Now for a question. This forum section is labeled "Verizon Android Phones > Motorola Milestone". Has Verizon ever carried a Milestone? I thought they were CDMA and have always sold the CDMA Motorola A855 Droid.

Quoted from a thread in the milestone section of the forums.

OP
G

GaleaNatur

Reaction score
so the model what difference does it make to my problem?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a different method for backing up, restoring, returning to stock, and flashing roms. The method that works on A854 won't work on A853 and vice versa.

OP
G

GaleaNatur

Reaction score
ok i see but my sticker hasn't a not about model i will try to find the box propably the model will be there

OP
G

GaleaNatur

Reaction score
well i found the model its the A853! so is there any way to save my phone? :/

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into it.