(HELP) Theming the Keyboard?

Reaction score
Okay this is driving me nuts....I have pulled the proper.9 images from the xhdpi folder in the keyboard apk, themed them and zipped it back up applied in CW an nothing is themed? I dont get it...I do this for every other apk and it works! On gingerbread this is what i did for the keyboard an it worked fine! What is the catch with the Ice cream KB? Anybody Know??? Please Help this is vital to my theme!!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i feel your pain buddy. Im still lost on this and ive tried a whole lot of things to try to get it to work.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Did you pull the file from your current ROM? I ask this as LatinIME.apk , LatinIme.apk GoogleLatinIME.apk, LatinIMEGoogle.apk, and a few other naming deviations exist depending on the ROM you are running.

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Did you pull the file from your current ROM? I ask this as LatinIME.apk , LatinIme.apk GoogleLatinIME.apk, LatinIMEGoogle.apk, and a few other naming deviations exist depending on the ROM you are running.

I'm pretty sere I did...but isn't the actual files all the same?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THe rom I am running uses a Gapps package and what I can tell, heres the breakdown.

Install ROM - LatinIme.apk
Install Gapps - Now I have LatinImeGoolge.apk but LatinIme.apk is no longer there

I have treid theming both of them. I can get my images on the buttons (like the delete key) to take but nothing else.

I accidentally pulled decompiled images into the compiled one and the buttons were no longer guided so im pretty sure im theming the right one cause i switched my images back and the buttons were guided. Just not themed. As I type this I have a working theory all the sudden... hmm.

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
THe rom I am running uses a Gapps package and what I can tell, heres the breakdown.

Install ROM - LatinIme.apk
Install Gapps - Now I have LatinImeGoolge.apk but LatinIme.apk is no longer there

I have treid theming both of them. I can get my images on the buttons (like the delete key) to take but nothing else.

I accidentally pulled decompiled images into the compiled one and the buttons were no longer guided so im pretty sure im theming the right one cause i switched my images back and the buttons were guided. Just not themed. As I type this I have a working theory all the sudden... hmm.

Well if you figure it out LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my keyboard..... is themed!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes im taunting you for a minute and yes ill be here when you reply..lol

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PM sent.. no issue sharing but, after 4 days of non stop trial and error, im holding this one for just the people that ask me for a bit..lol like a kid with a new toy!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
um, the PM did tell you how btw.