help theming app icons?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by tktouch12, Feb 7, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm trying to learn to make themes for my droid. i figured out how to theme stuff in the framework-res apk, but now i'm trying to replace the stock/system apps. i think i have the files assembled right, but idk. metamorph says it applied, but the icons arent changed afterward. i uploaded my zip/thm file so you can look at it. when i apply it asks me which parts and it thinks it worked, but it ends up not. whats wrong? any help will be appreciated
    thanks

btw, i know they are the iphone icons, no im not weird, but i'm just trying to teach myself how to set them up, and its the only icons i have right now, i'm going to go in and chnage them, but thats not the point

2. Konvict313

Konvict313 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ummm idk if this is gonna help or make sense but in one thread i read that your icons and such have to be the same "weight" as the original ones, i dont know much about making my own theme but im trying my best to learn if you would could you please help me? you know more than i do and i really wanna give this a shot thanks

3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ya, i figured it out. i had my .thm file set up wrong, and i had stuff in the wrong folders. it should have been in drawable-hdpi, i had it in drawable. i figured it out. if you have any specific questions let me know.
    actually, the best way to learn is just downloading some themes and looking through the folders to figure out how its setup