Help the Newbie with Unintended App

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by kellygh, Oct 3, 2010.

1. kellygh

kellygh New Member

Hi. I am new to the droid forum, as well as, a new android Incredible user. I am not sure if I like my switch from BB, but that is unrelated to my question. My kids were playing with the Talking Tom app @ the doctor's office, and since then, I have noticed that 2 more apps were downloaded. They were obviously free since I have been waiting for 3 days with paid apps being in the "authorizing" phase, and I don't know how to get them off. These are not pre-installed apps. I have tried everything I know intuitively to do (which isn't a lot), so any help would be greatly appreciated! I am not familiar with android lingo, so please make any suggestion(s) in dummy form. Thanks so very much :)

2. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Press the menu button while on your home screen. Select settings. Scroll down to applications and select it. Now chose manage applications. Find the 2 apps and select one at a time. Once you select an app it will take you to a screen that has the option to uninstall.

Or go into the market and hit the menu button. Chose the downloads option. This will take you to a screen that shows all your downloads. Select the apps you disapprove of and you should see the uninstall option.
  3. kellygh

kellygh New Member

Wow. Thanks, Doug! So easy, I feel a little silly for asking. I appreciate the help!
  4. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

No problem. :)