Help the hacking community - snag the update.zip...instructions

Smackbox.org

Reaction score
I even searched for file size, leaving the name blank and didn't find anything.

I cant find the update.zip on the phone. I am sshd into my phone and searching like crazy! I even sftp to it and still no luck. This is alot tighter than the original Droid. Anyone else having luck locating the update file? Starting to wonder if there was an update.zip even used?

Had no luck, you're doing this all after downloading but before updating the phone right?

Before and after update. Nothing! very frustrating!

jwhostet

Reaction score
I updated my phone and looked for the update.zip... like others couldn't find.
I did however get a log but there are a couple things that look like possible download links, so I'll upload the log if someone wants to look through it for the correct link.
sorry if I knew which link to post I would. If someone would like me to email them the log that was sent straight from alogcat I will do that if provided an email address.

the .txt file was to large to upload so i zipped it

Last edited:

Smackbox.org

Reaction score
I updated my phone and looked for the update.zip... like others couldn't find.
I did however get a log but there are a couple things that look like possible download links, so I'll upload the log if someone wants to look through it for the correct link.
sorry if I knew which link to post I would. If someone would like me to email them the log that was sent straight from alogcat I will do that if provided an email address.

the .txt file was to large to upload so i zipped it

Thanks.....looking now!

I love how they say it does not have Moto Blur!

"D/Updater ( 4056): Receive intent: com.motorola.blur.service.blur.Actions.MANUAL_CHECK_UPDATE
D/"

thats a part of the log that says different. lol

damstr

Reaction score
Does anyone have the update.zip yet? My pre release phone still isn't getting the update so I would like to install it manually if possible.

damstr

Reaction score
Does anyone have the update.zip yet? My pre release phone still isn't getting the update so I would like to install it manually if possible.

Pre release devices already received this update.

Mine doesn't have it. My phone came from the press conference back in June but it wasn't activated turned on till the 13th of this month so it was off the whole time the updates were available for it.

Webst3r

Reaction score

Mine doesn't have it. My phone came from the press conference back in June but it wasn't activated turned on till the 13th of this month so it was off the whole time the updates were available for it.

Is your System Version 1.13.516.MB810?

damstr

Reaction score

.514 which is the problem. Pretty sure only phones with .516 are getting the update.

I went into my Verizon store today. They had 2 Droid X's on demo. One had .589 (never seen this before) and wasn't getting an update. The other one was .516 and sure enough as soon as I checked the updates it wanted to download .604.

Webst3r

Reaction score

.514 which is the problem. Pretty sure only phones with .516 are getting the update.

I went into my Verizon store today. They had 2 Droid X's on demo. One had .589 (never seen this before) and wasn't getting an update. The other one was .516 and sure enough as soon as I checked the updates it wanted to download .604.

Maybe .589 is just a store demo? And you may be able to ask the Verizon reps to flash the .SBF. I guess you issue you could explain to them, is that your phone will not update.

damstr

Reaction score
Thrpey said they could flash it but they didn't want to risk breaking it since they didn't have any in stock.

Their excuse was that the update is only getting pushed to 2000 people at a time which is bs because I don't know anyone who hasn't gotten it.

damstr

Reaction score
Alright now it's saying the .516 update is available but not enough space available for incoming file WTF!

Webst3r

Reaction score
I have 6.2gb free...god this is retarded.

I honestly don't even see the point of Moto locking down the bootloader. It severs absolutely no purpose. Yeah, it's a security mechanism, but give me a story, where someone stole a phone then took the time to flash another ROM.

GorillaTheHutt

Reaction score
i have logs of the beginning and end of the update transfer. also i downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet. if anyone knows how to make use of any of that, let me know.