Help!! Tethering issue, data stops going to browser only

telly

Reaction score
So this is beyond anything I can think of an explanation or a fix. I've tried everything. New kernel, new ROM, new browser, I've tried a lot of things.
Here's the issue that is going on. After about twenty minutes, give or take 20min, the data will stop going to the browser until I reset the mobile data, which then works like a charm. Now here's the tricky part, it's not that the data was gone, or even slowed down(I don't think), it's just that ANY browser will not load web pages and video's will stop loading. I know that it is only to the browser because uTorrent stays downloading at the rate it was before the browser stopped. Does uTorrent have priority on internet over Firefox n IE? I know on a few of my buddies computers they have to sometimes close uTorrent and the browser goes fast and back to normal. That is with normal cable internet, but same concept I would imagine.

Anyway, why does the data stop going to my browser? I wonder if it has anything to do with why Xiaalive stops during play? But it wouldn't explain why the torrent stays D/L'n. And why does resetting the data fix it?

OP
T

telly

Reaction score
ttt, cmon now y'all. This stinks deaLing with :p

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Utorrent takes priority. Even on a normal dsl or cable connection it can kill bandwidth to other connections

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The bandwidth window via tethering is very limited. Torrents, being connected to multiple locations, usually overwhelm this window.

Are you still on 2.1? If so, try updating to 2.2-based ROM. It might help.

OP
T

telly

Reaction score
The bandwidth window via tethering is very limited. Torrents, being connected to multiple locations, usually overwhelm this window.

Are you still on 2.1? If so, try updating to 2.2-based ROM. It might help.

Yes, I have been on 2.2 for about 6months now. I was on it about 2weeks after it first came out for the droid.
My main concern is that it happens much more often now then it ever did before? It also seems so happen with or without a torrent program open, that is just how I noticed that the internet is still there because you can mouse over it in the bottom right corner and it shows you the D/L and U/L stats.
I also don't think what you are saying can be entirely correct. If the torrent causes an overwhelm, wouldn't it totally close out the use of any internet and now allow the cause of the problem to continue pulling internet? It seems like the problem MIGHT be on the computer end but I don't get how or why.

Would restoring an old APN or getting a new baseband help

I am on CM6 rc5 with slayher 1.1 kernel

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I also don't think what you are saying can be entirely correct. If the torrent causes an overwhelm, wouldn't it totally close out the use of any internet and now allow the cause of the problem to continue pulling internet?

Nope. Just limit it to torrents.