1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP! Stuck on "M" screen, can't boot into recovery mode.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by boarder120, Jun 11, 2010.

1. boarder120

boarder120 New Member

Ok, let me start from the beginning. I downloaded the second release of froyo from the thread posted on this forum. I wanted more than just the plain froyo UI so I downloaded and installed the DropTheme using RM from this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/46441-droptheme-mm-49.html#post528040
    I noticed the market wasn't working properly, and I couldn't download/update apps. So on this thread, I clicked on "bgill55'smarket update fix" under "Download DropTheme" and next to "Froyo Market Fix": http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/46441-droptheme-mm.html
    From there, I downloaded the .zip and attempted to install it using RM. I was expecting it to reboot into CW and install, but it just rebooted and stayed on the "M" screen. I'm really afraid that I may have bricked my device because I am "unable to enter recovery, fastboot, or your rom" (taken from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html)
    I know I'm throwing a lot at you guys right now, but please try to understand the situation I'm in and try to help me resolve it.

Much thanks to anyone who can help me.
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Try pulling the battery out for a few minutes, then slide the keyboard open, hold the 'X' key, then put the battery back in (while still holding 'X'). That should get you back into recovery.
  3. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

have you tried just booting normally. not into recovery?
  4. boarder120

boarder120 New Member

Wow. I just tried it. I can't believe that worked. Thank you so much. Now I just have the problem with downloading apps in the market. Any advice on that?

Once again, thanks for the advice. You saved me a heart attack.
  5. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

are you using rom manager? an what recovery are you using
  6. boarder120

boarder120 New Member

I don't know if you read the previous posts but I fixed that problem. I was using rom manager at the time. But thanks for your concern.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  7. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

if you still cant get into recovery in rom manager flash the opposite recovery you want an then flash back the one you normaly use an then try to boot recovery again make sure you can before you move foward trying to fix the market problem i never tried it but saw this 2.2 Market Fix for THEMED Phones... - Android Forums
  8. boarder120

boarder120 New Member

I still couldn't get into the rom manager recovery, so I flashed back to SPR and it works now. About the market issue, I'm not sure I want to delete a file from the theme just yet. I'll do some more research on it.
  9. briangp

briangp New Member

You need to flash the newest clockworkmod recovery, I had the same issue yesterday.
  10. wegro0926

wegro0926 New Member

That's not his problem.

If you downgraded to 2.0.1 and are trying to install SP Recovery ESE81 it will not work and you will not be able to get past the Motorola Logo. You need to Upgrade your 2.0.1 to 2.1 first then install SP Recovery (ESE81) is meant for 2.1.

So downgrade again to get rid of your freeze then upgrade to 2.1 then install SP Recovery w/ RSD Lite.
Search tags for this page
can't boot to recovery - stuck from first boot screen
droid m stuck in shutdown mode
droid x frozen m screen
droid x screen stuck on m

enter recovery on droid m