HELP Stuck on Liberty Rom! Cant restore backup

1barlog17

Reaction score
I'm trying to go back to stock rom. I have 2 different backups that I made before I flashed liberty rom. When I try to restore back to one it says mismatch? And one of the backups is a fresh backup I made right after I rooted my X. What do I do? Should I factory reset? This makes no sense to me do I have to uninstall this rom somehow first? Please help! :icon_eek:

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
i wish i could help you but i'm no professional and i don't want to steer you in the wrong direction but calm down helps on the way ! :motdroidvert::greendroid::motdroidvert:

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
Thanks man. One more thing when I try to restore one of my backups it says checking MD5 sums....
Then says MD5 mismatch. Hope that helps any.

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Just wondering are you in boot loader ?? also search google type in what keeps coming up it will eventually link you to a thread about how to fix it !:motdroidvert::greendroid::motdroidvert:

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
I boot into Droid X bootstrap recovery. Which is the way I've restored from Liberty rom before.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Did you by chance make your back ups using ROM manager, also are you mounting the system before trying to flash the backup?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
I did use clockwork to make the recoverys. And no I'm not mounting the system before trying to restore. How do I do that? Well I'll take a look right now. Thanks

CD95YJ

Reaction score
In clockwork you will see the option "mounts and storage". Go into that menu and select mount system, you'll know you did because it will change to unmount system. Now use the power button to go back to the main menu and now try to flash your nandroid backup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Thanks man. One more thing when I try to restore one of my backups it says checking MD5 sums....
Then says MD5 mismatch. Hope that helps any.
Well the MD5 mismatch is usually caused by having spaces in the name of the backup... if you renamed your backup like i did... you should go back and rename it with underscores or something instead of spaces. Lemme know if that works dancedroid

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
Ok I got my recovery back whew! I googled the md5 error and found a link in XDA forums
I didn't read it all the way but I noticed that it said you shouldn't rename your backup. So I deleted the extra part I renamed the backup just leaving the numbers that were originally named for it. One of the 2 backups wouldn't let me rename it back but the other did, kinda weird, but booted into recovery and restored the backup and im back to stock rooted DroidX!! Now I need to make sure that NEVER happens again. But thanks you guys for all your help you Rock!!!

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
That makes sense because for the first time in renaming my backups I decided to put spaces! Thanks for the tip.