HELP - Stuck on HTC White Screen - Different than other posts

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi All, something odd happened today. I've been on Global RUU for a couple of weeks already... then I decided to try out Vigor 360 1.1.. everything has been fine (besides the horrendous battery life, but thats besides the point right now) so I bought HD Battery Pro to calibrate the app and keep a good track of my battery... one thing Ive been doing is that once a day I reboot the phone when I open too many apps... so today about 2 hours ago I rebooted the phone, mind u, EVERYTHING was working, I did a simple press power button and reboot.

it never booted up, it gets stuck on white HTC screen. now I read many, if not all threads about stuck on white screen, such as this one:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-help/219145-rezound-stuck-white-htc-screen-2.html

and all links to different post about it as well. How my case differs from those is that I CANNOT do anything with the phone...

I can only boot into fastboot and that is about it,

If I try to boot to recovery, it gets stuck on white screen and then the phone turns off.
the same exact thing happens if I try to do factory reset :(

If I boot to fastboot, it says on the phone fastboot USB, but the computer never sees it, so I cannot flash recovery to it again, it remains on waiting for device :*(

I cannot even flash ruu because bootloader is unlocked, and since i cannot use fastboot from the pc, i cannot re-lock it..

Im stuck guys, I have no idea what else to try... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
Ok Im getting somewhere I think, I updated everything and I managed to see the phone from the PC....

I upgraded to HTC Sync 3.2.20...
I upgraded SDK Manager to SDK Tools to ver. 20.0.3 and SDK-Platform Tools to ver. 14
I rebooted everything and now I can see the phone, however, everything else remains the same, no factory reset, no recovery boot, nothing... but at least i managed to re-lock the bootloader though it gave me an error when i relocked it:

Status Read Failed - too many links
but when i boot up the phone it says relocked... and at least it is letting me install RUU again, I hope it goes through, it's on its second boot... :icon_eek:

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
Ok, I managed to get back up and running with the above steps... that was scary... any idea what might have happened?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got some corrupt firmware or a bad kernel somewhere along the way.