Help, stuck at red eye loading screen,

downtonil8

Reaction score
Hi, So today i just realized that 2.2 was out, I proceed to download the update and wait for it to reload, but after the download was complete, my phone restarted and when it got to the red eye loading screen, it never got past it, its been like this for awhile now, I don't know what to do, if anyone has a solution I will be very grateful, also i didn't root or mood my droid in anyway, please help me, thank you.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
plug it into the wall charger and let it sit for a while

then in an hour or so try to restart a few times by pulling the battery.

also note the first load of a new OS takes a while

OP
D

downtonil8

Reaction score
its been doing this for almost an hour, im not sure if that's normal or not.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
no that isnt normal...i have personally never having a problem with the 2.2 updates myself..but im not that experienced in this stuff either...u prob dont know how to flash ur phone with rsdlite do u?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
look at this thread and read it really well and maybe a few times...if someone else has a diff option for u then i guess go with that..but this thread will show u how to install rsdlite and flash a file to ur phone through ur computer...ill give u the file that u need to download to use to flash in ur phone....do u have winrar on ur computer or have any idea what that is?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

usmcnewbee

Reaction score
I had issues with the update rooted and unrooted and tryied everything sugested but still would freeze at the eye after loading just plain unuseable. For me what I found was there wes somthing on the sd card that was giving me issues, pull your card and restart the phone if it starts up normally I would take what is important on the card off and format the card. BTW I went to the store to see if they could work it out so they ordered me a replacement (I have not told them its fixed) they have sent me two phones already that dont work I am glad I got mine working or I would be screwed with no phone.