HELP!! Stuck at Recovery Screen

Godfather

Reaction score
I rooted my phone this afternoon, installed rom manager, ran flashworkmod recovery, did a nandroid backup and tried to install a rom through rom manger, my phone re-booted with the exclamation point and when I get to the main screen...I dont have an option to restore. I have "reboot system now" wipe date/factory reset" "wipe cache partition" and wipe baseband data"....Am I screwed....please help!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets not throw in the towel just yet.

Can you boot into recovery? Press "X"and power key. If so what do you see

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you may have lost recovery go back into rom manager it should reflash cw recovery for you.

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
You know what is odd....I got to the main recovery screen, where I could "reboot system", " wipe data/factory reset", wipe partition blah blah...and thats where I stopped because I didn't want to jack it up, but I pulled my battery for like 30 minutes, and it rebooted back to where it freaked out. I tried to do the ROM again and the same problem. I did a battery pull for about 20 minutes and it came back up. Im going to reflash and do another nandroid back up and try again.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you would load your bootloader (hold up on the D pad -- pointing towards the screen) and tell us if it's 2C. 7C., we could advice you better.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If either of the last 2 posts are true then you need to use Link 3 in my sig to root or you will keep having problems

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
If either of the last 2 posts are true then you need to use Link 3 in my sig to root or you will keep having problems

@tallica...yes I'm on 2.2

@fur...what screen do I have to be at to that? The recovery screen or where?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Turn the phone off, hold up on the d-pad (towards the screen) and don't let go, power the phone up, and then release once the bootloader loads. It's a black screen. What version of the bootloader do you have?

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
I have 2c.7c..also I was following the steps in motos thread, but he says to name it update without the "zip". I already have an file named update from my manual FG01 upgrade...do I rename it something else or can I delete the other update file? Another thing is I can't get RSD lite to see my phone...I know its the drivers, I cant install them because I dont know where in the hell they are...were they in the download or do you get them seperate?

Last edited:
OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
I deleted it and moved the new file over and named it update. I go to bootloader and it says transfter mode is USB, I start RSD lite, but It doesn't see my phone. I did chose "first come" but still no luck. I think I need to install the drivers, but I don't see them, where do I download them from or is it something in the zip?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
From the original thread:

"Either the 32 bit or 64 bit Motorola drivers as appropriate for your machine."
13977d1282620429-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version-vs.gif

The red text is link text. You saw that in the other thread, right?

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
Yea...you know what, my computer must have been freaking out because last night when I was working on this, I clicked those links and it was just taking me back to this website, it wasn't taking me to the link. I would put my mouse over the link and could see where it was supposed to take me, but everytime I clicked on it, it would bring me to Droid forums. My phone is working right now, so I have RSD lite and all the files on my laptop at home, so I will give it another go when I get home this afternoon. I'm running XP on my laptop, should I download the 32 or 64 bit drivers? Again, I really appreciate all your help brotha. The bad news is....I'm gonna probably drive you insane with questions until I get this working.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's cool, really. We all miss things from time to time, so I figured I'd ask if you'd seen them or not. :) And as much as we'd like to say/think otherwise, computers glitch and the internet has issues frequently. No harm, no foul.

XP comes in 32 and 64 bit flavors, so you'll need to figure out which one it is. Find My Computer, right click it, and see what it says under properties. IIRC it'll say in there.