HELP! Stuck at Bootloader - Froyo to GB v.01

jen7724

Reaction score
I truly don't know what I did wrong. I am rooted and was running Liberty 2.0.1 Froyo and decided I finally wanted to take the plunge over to GB. I went to LTB and downloaded GB v0.1 from Nightlies and backed up and wiped data/cache and my phone won't get past the bootloader screen. I can't get into recovery to save my life.

The bootloader screen says:
Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Transfer Mode: USB

Is an SBF necessary? What did I do wrong here?

I should also mention that I just hit the ok button after the install was finished to let LTB do the flashing instead of using bootstrap recovery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've searched the forums for about 2 hours and haven't seen an "official guide" when going from Froyo to LGB, random posts seem to agree with what I did but everyone who has had a similar problem has been advised to SBF. Is that my ONLY option?

Last edited:

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I think it is.
But...have you never SBF'd before?
People make it out to be such a scary and touchy process.

Do a quick read-up and go for it.
I mean, make sure you understand what you're doing...but it really is a smooth process.
I've had to SBF probably 10 times and have never had a problem.

SBF.
Use z4 root to root your phone again.
Get bootstrap however it is that you get it.
Restore your nandroid.
Should take you 15 minutes.

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
I've SBF'd a few times before so I'm familiar w the process. I'm downloading the new sbf file right now. I was really hoping to not have to root again.

I still don't know what went wrong to begin with. How do I prevent it from happening again if I can't figure out what went wrong? Any clue what any of those error codes are?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's just a standard (read: arbitrary) error code. It was the same one I received when I tried to flash my phone with the wrong SBF file several times the first time I ever tried to SBF.

I haven't jumped ship to LGB yet, and this is why. I have to assume that the Liberty team is going to make it easier to upgrade from 2.0.1 to LGB sooner or later. The current process is just too full of holes.

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
I have to agree with you. I've now SBF'd back to 2.3.340 and re-rooted but now I'm having a hard time getting my nandroid backup to work.

Anyways, I would have thought that downloading everything through LTB would eliminate all the problems but apparently not. Once I get my backup to work I'll debate trying it again or maybe I'll stick with you and hold off for a bit longer.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have to agree with you. I've now SBF'd back to 2.3.340 and re-rooted but now I'm having a hard time getting my nandroid backup to work.

Anyways, I would have thought that downloading everything through LTB would eliminate all the problems but apparently not. Once I get my backup to work I'll debate trying it again or maybe I'll stick with you and hold off for a bit longer.

I found the easiest way to upgrade to Lib 0.6 is to SBF back to 2.2, root, boot, then use P3's 1,2,3 GB OTA dexodexed install files. Boot into android and install D2 Bootstrap, reboot into Bootstrap and install Lib 0.6.

Thats how I did it, and Im on the new baseband etc. Took a total of about an hour, no boot loops or anything. Make sure you wipe data/cache between each install.

Reaction score
Thanks, Juicemane, you've made my point. An hour, an SBF, a bootstrapper not meant for the Droid X and 4 separate installs. Whether it works or not, I'm not entirely sure I'd trust its stability.

It almost sounds like this:
Hey, I know how to install Windows 7! First, install Windows 98. Then upgrade to Windows XP. Then upgrade to Vista. Then upgrade to 7.

Don't mistake that for complaining. It just doesn't sound like the best idea to me.