Help!! Settings uninstalled?

ibrooks123

Reaction score
So I have no clue what I did, but now every time I use the softkey to get to my settings menu it says it's not installed. When I go into my drawer, its gone! How do I fix this??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Are you freezing/uninstalling any apps using Titanium backup or a similar app? My first thought is that you accidently froze Settings

OP
I

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Ya know, when you said that I actually go kind of excited thinking that was the answer(since i am definately the type of person to do something like that!). But do my dismay, it was not the case. I even unfroze everything just to check, and nothing. I've gone as far as taking the settings.apk files from other roms & backups and tried to install them; still nothing

OP
I

ibrooks123

Reaction score
So for some reason my phone isn't accepting settings.apk when GB is installed. When I go into the root of the OS folder, settings.apk and settings.odex(or deodex, not sure) f is there, but I cant install them

SplicedX

Reaction score
Reflash your ROM WITHOUT wiping data/cache. I had this problem while trying to restore a backup. The theme i was using was unsigned and caused issues. I reflashed my ROM and settings was back and working fine.