Help Setting up Voice Mail

JimeB

Reaction score
I've had my Eris now for about a month and somehow managed to mess up my voicemail. I went to settings, call settings and then voicemail. I followed the directions and set it up as *86,,,xxxx# and pressed OK. When I hit 1 it showed*86xxxx# (no comma's). I got a message that said, my call could not be completed as dialed. I tried increasing the number of comma's but that didn't help. I know I've seen instructions on how to set it up somewhere but can't find it now. I tried clearing the info out and dialed 1 hoping it would think it was an initial set up but no luck there either. So, can anyone tell me how to reset my voicemail? Thanks in advance

JimeB

KickedAsh

Reaction score
Try typing *86pxxxx#

I set this up as a "Voice Mail" number to call, and it will automatically log you in to your Phone Message Center.

Good Luck!

-Gary-

OP
J

JimeB

Reaction score
Gary,
Thanks a lot. It worked. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I was out of the country and it was the first thing I did when I got back. Works like a charm.

Jim

pushdrops

Reaction score
on my wife's Eris I just went to the Main settings, Call Settings, Voicemail

Then entered *86p1234# (the *86 was already present , the 1234 is the pw)

Bring up the "phone" / dialer , long-press the "1" key (you will see the Voice Mail icon on the "1 key" , voice mail will be dialed , it will pause , you will hear the request for Voice Mail prompt , then the code will be auto entered (you will hear it as super fast beeps / tones) .

Note: when you long-press the 1 key and it dials the VM , there's a longer than expected pause b4 you hear the audible prompt for password (in other words it seems like it's not gonna work, because the pause b4 the prompt to enter code comes up) . So I thought it wasn't gonna work , but luckily I waited a few secons to see that it does work.

I was used to my prev carrier which didn't require the code when calling VM from the cell phone itself.